Isolation- Information and advice

We came out with new measures of working just yesterday keep two metres away from each other while 120 of us all stood in a huddle listening to the union rep & manager, think they where holding hands?

No more van sharing & now you have to wash yours hands, but no soap or toilet paper left or replaced because the cleaner self isolating, out on foot for 16 miles & 5 hours with any places you used piss now shut, bring out your dead :crazy:

• Like 1
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feeding the ducks whilst in self-isolation.   (Not mine - I borrowed it)

Five! He took longer to come out than Phillip Schofield 

Day 26 of quarantine if only my neighbour had brought food instead of 356 rolls of toilet paper    

An expert has said that it may be that some people have a natural immunity to the virus. He was citing one of the cruise ships that had to be quarantined. A small ray of hope possibly?

3 hours ago, radfordred said:

Not sure how true? it was mentioned to me yesterday like China also a high rate of smokers? 

I live here and experience it first hand by the amount of people that suffer with it. It's an epidemic every year. What has it got to do with smokers in China?

2 hours ago, jonab said:

All of this will be over by Easter - the Trump says so:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52029546

Yeh , he's ordered it has he? Tell me which crystal ball he's looked into.

Just read this link, he's unbelievable and stupid to open everything up again for Easter. Maybe he's trying to infect those of you that are left. 

Just read on an Italian site that Italians in London have said " finally Boris has woken up and realized the situation" for them the news of the lockdown was a relief. 

11 hours ago, DJ360 said:

My car is due an MOT. 26th April and Tax 1st May.

I will need a new tyre before that.

On the other hand.. if Govt give an MOT amnesty for a few months the problem is solved.

6 months extension for car MOTs announced earlier.

You'll still need a tyre

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/vehicle-owners-to-be-granted-mot-exemption-in-battle-against-coronavirus

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/03/drivers-given-temporary-mot-extension-due-to-coronavirus/

Thanks Stu. That's good news.

Your lucky DJ , mine runs out on the 29th March so I still have to venture out to get it done . 

Being in a rural place with wife having underlying medical issues need the car .

We now have 1 case in the village and relatives in isolation. It's coming nearer.

1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

We now have 1 case in the village and relatives in isolation. It's coming nearer.

How so if the village has been locked down for some time now?

One of our sons is planning to fetch his eldest boy from Newcastle where he's at Uni.  There were 5 of them in the student house but his housemates have all gone home now so he's stuck there by himself... and definitely not very happy.

I expect our son may be stopped a few times on the A1 to explain where he's going.. hope he keeps his cool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, radfordred said:

They say Owd Charlies working from home, any idea what that work is? 

not much, He and Camilla are in splendid isolation in the Royal holiday home (thought that was frowned on?) at Balmoral.

50,000 aces of woodland, park and streams, with no one to social distance from, save a retinue of servants, flunkeys and security staff.

3 hours ago, Brew said:

How so if the village has been locked down for some time now?

That's what we'd like to know. No body knows not even my SIL who is in touch telephonically with Croce verde volunteers for ambulance which has been stopped, it's the local grapevine.

Obviously someone has entered the village or someone has slipped out. Hope she or he gets in touch with whoever they've been close to.

Theres always someone who thinks they're immune. Just hope they haven't got elderly or children in the house. Very irresponsible, now we have to wait before we hear if anyone else has got it

MD  I'm pleased you'r feeling a bit better,  hope your wife will soon get over things soon as well