Stirling Moss - Tim Brooke Taylor

My last real memory of Stirling Moss was in 1976 at the worlds' greatest motor racing circuit, Bathurst, when he teamed up with Jack Brabham in a Holden Torana V8 unfortunately the engine let go and he did not finish the race.

Someone said he was the best driver never to have won a world championship.

10 things you didn't know about the Bathurst 1000 | Sporting News ...

Tim Brook Taylor

R I P     12th April 2020

Jill i remember that joke now from school days there were other jokes like that but i can not remember them do you know any more?. Did Stirling Moss die from the virus? He drove in car rallies in the 50s driving the good old Sunbeam Alpines.

I think the media is being careful with the language and reporting that people have died with the virus rather than from the virus as it is difficult at present to pin COVID-19 down as the primary cause of death.  It is a notifiable disease so it's reported if detected during post mortems.

• Like 1

RIP Uncle Stirling.   We’re not really related but we share the same surname and boys at school (all those years ago) believed me when I told them he was my uncle smile2

16 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

i remember that joke now from school days there were other jokes like that but i can not remember them do you know any more?

One very irreverent joke. No offence intended.

A bloke walks into a pub and says, "The lady that played Pussy Galore in Goldfinger has died"

"Honor Blackman"?

"No on a motorbike"

• Like 1