Well done captain, and wishing you a very happy birthday. You have done more in the last couple of days than the government has done in weeks!!. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Twelve and half million quid, hey Waddo. The old boy done good or what!

Happy Birthday Capn ' Tom.thumbsup

• Like 1

I saw this when he first started his laps and made a donation. I stand in awe of both him and all those who have contributed to make this amazing total. The generosity of the British public never ceases to amaze me when they do things like this especially at a time of such uncertainty and when many are struggling. As to the politicians the phrase lions led by donkeys comes to mind. 

Happy birthday Captain Tom and many happy returns.

• Like 1

Shush! ......... Captain Moore's 100th Birthday is not for another 2 weeks 30th April, wonder if our Queen could give Tom a knighthood while delivering his card, no why wait give it him today? Arise Sir Tom. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, carni said:

I couldn't agree more. Well done and Happy 100th  Birthday Captain Tom Moore.

Whoops. I should have said 'On the 30th'. But he is well deserving of a congratulations today and on the 30th. 

If anyone deserves a Knighthood it is Captain Tom Moore. I hope he gets one. :clapping:

• Like 3

Any one on here know how to put the captain forward for a knighthood or medal ? I'll go along with whatever is suggested.

• Like 1

Just thinking about it, might have to go easy here, if he gets too much,  i can see the government using any surplus going towards the bloody HS2 project!!

• Like 1

He has been nominated and over 300,000 people have sign the petition. Well done that man...

Sometimes special people emerge in times of adversity and he is one of them, a knighthood would be a perfect end to a long life. 22 million and counting...This is not a trivial amount of money now. Not only that, he has given us a motto 

"The sun will shine on you again, and the clouds will go away."

My wife is stranded in Russia and she will be for some months (She is at her home with her son so she is OK) but it is still tough. I said those words to her yesterday and she cried. So did I. 

In its way it is as inspirational as the Queen's speech not long ago. 

• Upvote 1

Tom and HRH are of a generation who endured times that would destroy most of us. Nothing fazes them. They are few in number now but are to be admired greatly.  In my younger days, I've thrown wobblies over things that irritated me only to be given a withering glance by one of my older relatives and informed that I didn't know I was born.  They were correct. I don't.

• Like 1

My nephews son aged 7 is going to walk the equivalent of the English Channel to raise money for this . My nephew has already donated by walking and losing weight. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...