Portrait Of A City - Nottingham - 1993

That's right! You'll know Mrs Venables then! Both our children went there although our daughter was only in the pre prep at Oxton before moving to NGHS. My wife, who was a teacher, removed our son from the village  school because she was not happy with the standard. Our son went on to the Boys High School. Did you know Frazer Venables and that he had died?

Affirmative to all questions.

Also remember sports coach, Stephen Spencer. Great big, hulking chap who once picked me up and put me outside in the pouring rain because he was on the losing end of a discussion!  Lovely chap really.

Yes, I remember Anne. I thought I saw an obituary recently for her husband? Might be mistaken but it caught my eye.

Steve's father was an accountant, I recall. Steve was brought up to earn his pocket money! I remember his stories.

I was there from 1996 to 2000.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:04 PM, Cliff Ton said:

I agree Dennis was great on the radio (although not my personal taste).

I remember seeing him on occasions as a presenter on BBC Midlands Local News. He always looked scruffy and dishevelled, as if he'd just wandered in the room and been asked to "just sit in this chair for a minute".

The Nottingham studio was a bijou place in Wilson House on Derby Road. He always looked shifty - the camera just did not love him.

On 5/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, philmayfield said:

He was a favourite with the lonely old ladies!

Pre internet his Sunday programme was a favourite place to get hold of hardcore - for nothing