Little Richard - Best Rock n Roll Star Ever

Little Richards past away to-day age 87 

God only chooese the BEST 

RIP make Heven ROCK 

Indeed.  A controversial but hugely influential figure.  Out of many fab tunes.. this one remains my fave.  That driving unstoppable intro and the glorious singing..

Being the youngest of eleven children I have a wide musicale taste I love all the 50s

rock & roll but Little Richard must be my all time favourite.  

• Like 1

I saw Little Richard at the Odeon in 1963. There were some great acts in that show (Bo Diddly, The Everly Brothers, & a new group with a strange name The Rolling Stones) but little Richard stole the show. He jumped off the stage, running up & down the Aisles & ripping his shirt off. He even had time to sign his autograph during his performance. A great night.

• Like 1

I also saw Little Richard at the Odeon - must have been the same 1963 performance. His music wasn't part of my usual choice or selection but, I must say I really enjoyed it. He was a great showman.

I was there too and remember Little Richard running up and down the aisles. He didnt appear on the advertising bills and was a last minute addition to the tour .

My favourite act of the night though was Bo Diddley .

I wrote in my diary that the Stones were crap !

• Like 1