Your lucky Phil., everytime I've  tried Morrisons I'm  informed I'm in a queue ***thousand in front, waiting time 26mins. Then when it's my turn all I get is sorry no slots available!!!!

We actually went out TOGETHER in the car early evening, first time for nearly 2 months.  The mission was to return some completed jigsaws and collect some more from friends who have an amazing stack of around 150.   We never went in their house, which I understand,  but now after all these weeks it’s seeming pathetic. We stood in their front garden, a couple of metres apart,  and had a good old chat and then he asked if we would witness his signature on a legal document ...... again it just seemed daft, leaning on the car signing papers.  Oh when will this all end. I’m getting fed up now, although there are so many jobs I feel I should undertake but always decide that ‘tomorrow will do’.  At this rate we’ll be through the summer and nothing of any significance will have been achieved in this house!   Particularly now we have more 1000 piece jigsaws to tackle. 

• Like 2

It is difficult to maintain the discipline when ourselves, family and the grandchild in particular have been isolated for so long they can't possibly be infected.

There was a VE party in the street, everyone chatting drinking singing etc (if I hear Vera Lynn one more time...) but I held fast and didn't go, it seemed silly to have followed the rules all this time only to fall at the last hurdle.

• Like 2

I tried all the supermarkets for a slot, then tried Iceland, they don't just sell frozen food but also lots of fresh eg bread,milk.veg, and much more.  They have lot's of offers for only £1 00,  You do have to spend a min ammount of £35 00 for free delivery, but if your shopping is less they charge its not much only a few pounds.When you have shopped once with them, they will send you e-mails when they have new slots, plus they will give you a time slot eg 9 00  10 00 you can book your delivery as you are a speaical customer  and only you can used this hour to book in your time slot and shop. Hope this makes sence! Any way not have  a look at the Iceland web sit and see for your self.

• Like 1

Haven't had a car for well over a decade & have relied on weekly internet shopping since 2008.. 

I agree.. I Picked up some good stuff from online Iceland..never shopped there online previously..

• Like 1

Notts County were doing so well at the end of the season, in preparation for the restart they are playing a friendly against Iceland.

If they win that game they will go on and play Tesco, Sainsbury's and Aldi

• Like 1

It's easier to collect. Just back from an ASDA pickup, which was like clockwork. Only four items unavailable, and once you've got your slot you can amend the order any time within 6 days of the booked slot. You can also specify no substitutions. 

I agree with Mary , Iceland have been brilliant with getting delivery slots and usually next day too . Before this we only occasionally popped in there when in town for a few odds and ends , doing a major shop elsewhere .

However theres a few things they don't do and we did get a Tesco slot and the order delivered Saturday night . We actually had to knock a few things off our order as we'd exceeded their (new) 80 item limit . Came to £97 ! Don't ever remember spending that much in one go for two of us ! Mind you did include a few bottles of wine . 

They all seem to be increasing drivers and slots and more than likely many customers will continue online orders after the crisis is over , which will be a further problem for the high streets .

Have a young professional couple opposite that have a regular nighttime delivery from Ocado turns up at 10 half 10 at night slamming his delivery trays about, no good for us when we have to be up for work at half five while they are tossing it off on lockdown or furlough :angry2:    

45 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Have a young professional couple opposite that have a regular nighttime delivery from Ocado turns up at 10 half 10 at night slamming his delivery trays about, no good for us when we have to be up for work at half five while they are tossing it off on lockdown or furlough :angry2:    

Whilst I appreciate that the Ocado driver should be more considerate when delivering at that time of night I think it's unfair to say this couple are 'tossing if off'. If they have been furloughed like me and my partner have they will no doubt be eager to get back to work so they can start to receive their full wage again. Just a thought from a younger persons perspective!

• Like 1

RR if the law hasn't changed you have until 11pm to " make a noise". There are more important things to worry about than people making a noise even once a week to receive food. Think it would be different if it was you receiving it.

• Like 1

Furlough is about to be slashed.. government thinking 60, others thinking 50, possibly 40 percent.

At 80 ..what sort of damage is this doing at the paltry level of 30k in London?

The flipside, loads of P"ss takers where I live, sacked my folks window cleaner last week,

Personally, I now find myself living in

the vicinity of a saw mill!:wacko:

I know I've been gone from England for a long time, but I didn't understand anything you wrote in the above posting, HSR! LOL.

• Like 2

Apologies for my lazy posting style, I don't have a keyboard..but still seemed sensible to me. LOL..

The 40 percent came from Norman Lamont, which he reiterated on News night 3 days ago..

What else do you not understand?" 

Going back to be knee-high to a grass-hopper!!!

Who would always deliver your shopping  and bread and milk  I can only think of one store!!

CO_OP of cause     

where we live in this little village we had a nice CO - OP  do they deliver NO!   2/4 miles away there is another CO-OP which has quite a lot more stock than ours. Do they delivery Yes great, but were we live that area is not coverd by them.

CRAZY  don't you think.