The furlough scheme has to end anytime soon, folk are getting far to comfortable & lasy being paid to sit on their arses watching Netflix, the country has to get moving again, we have to live & work alongside covid I'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Agreed. A lot of people are happy to sit on their backsides and do nothing and with government cash rolling in they are quite content. There has been for many years a large underclass in the country who live off the state and supplement their handouts with a bit of dodgy dealing, petty theft and the growing and sale of drugs. Many people, if they can get by without an honest day’s work, they will. The furlough payments are like manna from heaven to a lot of people. There are, of course, a multitude of genuine recipients of furlough payments who can’t wait to get back to doing their day jobs but are prevented by the current lock down.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Talking of steaks. My very kind sister in law (bless her) organized a meat delivery as an Easter gift. It came from a company called Farmison.  Not an unpaid advert, but got to be some of the best meat I've  ever eaten.

Have registered with them and have a shopping list all ready, when we've finished what we've got.

You tend to think that when you work hard to reap the rewards that efforts can bring that others think the same, but a lot of people are just not prepared to put in the effort and are content just to get by. Work has always been my passion. Evenings, weekends, holidays as necessary to get a job done or a problem sorted. Perhaps I should have devoted more time to leisure rather than the pursuit of profit. I don’t regret a minute of it though!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We’ve just got another delivery slot at Morrison’s. It seemed churlish not to take advantage of it. This time a few little luxuries to brighten up the day. Fortunately since my hip operation I’m just getting flexible enough to do some proper jobs again so a little reward for my effort is justifiable!

• Like 1

Good luck to you Phil. Why not enjoy the fruits of your labours.

One thing though, can you pass on the secret, ' how to get a Morrisons slot '. Take care...  B.

5 hours ago, HSR said:

What else do you not understand?" 

All of it!  What has the piss takers got to do with sacking the window cleaner?  Sawmill?  80 what? 

• Like 1

You are right Phil my dad said hard work never hurt anybody on Monday i start my 50th year working for the same company as an industrial mechanic lots of climbing and walking it helps to keep me fairly fit .Next May i will retire and would like to pilot a Jet Provost like your friend, i used to see them at the Hucknall airshow in the 50s and 60s.

• Like 1

I think most of our "workers" will be eager to start back to work but it's important to choose the correct time. We are at the moment hearing that on May 18 we can start working again...but it has to be confirmed yet and we may not hear until a day before. My son and daughter as I've said before both have restaurants in the village. Now if they can open on 18 th there's a hundred and one things they will have to do . First disinfecting the whole of the restaurants including menus and everything contained in the building. Shopping, preparing all the necessary things that they do before they can start even cooking for clients. Now the most stupid thing is that the latest will be that tables will have to be 4 meters away from the next. My son is lucky enough to have also an outside dining area so he can perhaps do that but to open with only a few tables will cost a lot more to serve them than they will earn. The same for my daughter who's restaurant holds app 50 so she will only be able to accommodate 15. Ridiculous or not.? Then they will always have the feeling that someone will come in with a temperature and risk the health of others nearby. They are also talking of thermometers being necessary to take people's temperatures before they can come in. So really it's not a simple case of going back to work when you work with the public. No one is more eager to start work than my husband, son and daughter. Last week my son got a phone call from customers of his that have a house in the village but their home is either Sweden or Norway, can't remember which. They asked for my sons bank details because they wanted to donate some money to him now in exchange for meals to the equivalent when he reopened. I thought that a beautiful gesture and lovely to know that they think so highly of him. Good luck to you all. But stay safe.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I bet your son and daughter cant wait to get back to work remember a trip of a 1000 miles starts with a single step so take it easy be cautious and stay safe things are better than they were a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

After 61 days in lockdown we are all feeling like we could do with a little more sunshine and you are 2 weeks behind us.

Ian, your dad was right too. " Hard work never hurt anybody". I totally agree. I love hard work, I could sit and watch it all day, even live next door to it ! :rolleyes:

Sorry..Received a phone call..

Katyay, I'm often accused by my partner of speaking 'Total BS!'

I assume the S, stands for sence.

I need to ask her what the B stand's for!

Phil..fancy a ride on the tube?

Hammersmith to Brixton, I'm paying !;)

Well, I've just spent an hour I'll never get back looking at a bloody Iceland priority hour screen, telling me to " please wait, you will be automatically directed to the booking page". They sent me an email last week, informing me of a priority between 9 & 10 am. ' Click here' on the email which I obediently did, then just waited. Had a look on the screen and it's still there, doing bugger all....Yours, Furious of Tunbridge Wells.