Ayup me old's. I'm John, born in Aspley in "mumbledy39" - you can figure it out ! Then moved to Bilborough when the new housing developments were being built (1950). Did a 5-year apprenticeship at Raleigh Industries (1955-60). Also studied at Nottingham and District Technical College. After getting my HNC, went to work near Wellington Shropshire for a few years, then in Liverpool for another few years, then came to the USA (Massachusetts) on a 12-month work contract. Never returned (except for holidays). Lived in Mass and New Hampshire for 33 years - now in North Carolina for the last 15 years. Still refer to Nottingham as "Home".

And me John. Sure you'll find something of interest here although at the moment it's very quiet. People are busy staying safe.

Heyup and welcome John. I was a baby in Aspley 1938/9 and also attended Nottm tech on HNC course(I was at the ROF). Knew quite a few guys from the Raleigh. Hope you keep looking on here and telling us of some Nottingham recollections.