Sign in to follow this  
philmayfield

Motor insurance

It really is becoming an annual pain in the backside. Your existing insurer increases it at renewal so you go online and find it considerably cheaper. Don't they want a loyal customer base? I've just saved £116 by moving from LV to the AA. Last year the AA were grossly uncompetitive for the same car. Funnily the AA increased my wife's insurance last month so we moved it to LV. Its just becoming a silly game!

When you renew your motor or house insurance, ask for the automatic renewal to be removed. 

That wouldn’t make any difference as I always check the comparison sites in any case and chop and change as necessary. The prices on my car range from £371 to £2004!

I'd had my car insurance with Saga for several years. Every year they increased it and I'd find much better prices on comparison sites so I'd ring Saga and argue to get a reduction. That became an annual event. Eventually they were so much higher than the comparison figures that even if they reduced my premium they still wouldn't match some of the others...so I ignored them and went somewhere else. I saved just over £100.

I still get the occasional email asking me to consider them again.

It's the same with Direct line. They send you a renewal, you compare it online with them and save £50.

I’ve been with the same company Direct Line for probably 15 years with house & car, insurance, because I have no auto renewal & I’ve ignored renewal letters, they phone me a few days before renewal is due, I usually end up paying between £10 & £25 less than the year before, my last insurance was £277 on a Fiesta ST rocket :crazy: