Obviously  my post earlier went somewhere else. I heard the breaking news about 9.15 this am. Dame Vera was my boss since 2009, while at the coffee shop in Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath, Sussex. I still work there but of course, under house arrest since start of lockdown.  She was Chairman and President of the ' League of Freinds' for the hospital. R.I.P. Dame Vera. You've earned the rest.

Incidentally, she lived near me.

Her voice and the words of her songs are writ large in Britain's history and may they never be forgotten. She used these words in her last performance

"To the brave boys and what they sacrificed for us. They left their families and homes to fight for our freedom and many lost their lives trying to protect us and our liberties."

Beekay - I also read your earlier post. Why has it disappeared?

I have had posts vanish into the ether in the past. Is there a gremlin at work - not only here but on other sites as well?

I also saw Beekay’s earlier post about Vera Lynn.   But  it wasn’t a normal ‘Post’ ; it was posted as an ‘Event’ on the Calendar feature on Nottstalgia - a feature which hardly ever gets used.  It’s on the top of the Home Page at Browse > Calendar.

I’ve never used that feature - and hardly ever looked at it - so I didn’t know (until now) how it operates or what it can do.

Anything posted there seems to have a built-in timer on it, so it may have self-destructed according to settings which were applied.

My absolute sincere apologies to all. When I heard the news this morning, I'd just switched on NS. Didn't know where to post so I clicked on Create and just pressed event, not knowing what else to do, I thought it would start a new topic. But at least it got the RIPs coming in. My neighbour Betty couldn't stand her, said it was something to do with kids years ago. Not going down that road though.

I've just noticed my mistake. At the top of the page on the right, in light type it states, Start new topic. Must do better.

Sorry to hear the death of Vera Lynn. It's sad when you hear of these great entertainers leaving us. R.I.P.