It's Sunday 21st at 14.40, and I've noticed on members present, there's only me :Shock: Was it "Abandon Ship"! or do you all know summat I don't? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try not to think about it Ian. I do feel for my wife as she gets upset on Mothers day. My biggest regret is that we'll never be grandparents. Said before on here that I've advertised for anyone who

Sorry to hear that BK hope you have some fond memories. Our grandson was born with a diaphramatic hernia he was given five percent chance to live he was in an induced coma but by a miracle he survived

There simply aren’t as many people here as there were a few years ago.   Some of the people who used to generate/create new material have either disappeared or lost interest.  Other members

I've been on a walk on some lovely little paths in our village and surrounding area - even found one I'd never been on before.   Walked all the way round an orchard of about 1000 trees ..... the apples are coming on nicely but need a bit more rain I think.   The owner has put some wooden armchairs in various places so you can sit down for a rest and  look at the wonderful views over the fields.   I feel blessed....

So that's where I was BK!

• Like 1

It's  wasted on me Ian, I'm  77, my dad passed away years ago and I  have no kids. Lost my youngest in 1978 and then my eldest lad in 1990.

Sorry to hear that BK hope you have some fond memories. Our grandson was born with a diaphramatic hernia he was given five percent chance to live he was in an induced coma but by a miracle he survived itook him out last week for his first driving lesson.We have so much to be thankful for.

• Like 5

I try not to think about it Ian. I do feel for my wife as she gets upset on Mothers day. My biggest regret is that we'll never be grandparents. Said before on here that I've advertised for anyone who wants to adopt a grandad, only one owner, never used except to go to church. Come Christmas time we both get pangs and so we keep a low profile. That's why we come up to Thoresby Hall at the beginning of December. Get our Christmas over and done with.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, loppylugs said:

I've been out sniffin' the trees and chasing Squirrels.  Still 'ere though!

Glad to hear it LL., hope you don't get a dog warden chasing you.

• Like 1

Hello Bk Yes still 'present & correct' but a bit jealous of Margie able to go out walking, on an uneven path too!  The furthest we've been is across the fields as far as the M1, the path is tarmaced and quite overgrown but it's amusing to see the "passing points" that have been trodden down at the pathside. Several outside jobs are on hold waitng till the grandson can come round, i told him on the phone the other day that I'd bought him a new 'toy', a cordless hedge cutter, as my side of the neighbours lleylandi hedge is due for it's annual cutback. That reminds me ,I'll be glad when Barbers can reopen as I've got quiet a curl onto my collar!  CU  keep taking the medicine (mines made in Scotland) ATB

You're lucky you been a short walk Albert. We've now been under house arrest for 99 days. Doc says we both come under the " vulnerable" rule.

You can meet elsewhere surely as long as you social distance. It would be a shame not to meet anybody. 

1 hour ago, mercurydancer said:

Still here, and oddly enough I will be in Nottingham tomorrow. Pity I cannot meet any of you in a pub

It will apparently be warm and sunny again.

If you arranged to meet people at the Left Lion at a certain time, you might find yourself lucky.

Wish we could get over to Nottingham tomorrow but Paul has a zoom church meeting ..... :(

On 6/21/2020 at 7:20 PM, Beekay said:

I try not to think about it Ian. I do feel for my wife as she gets upset on Mothers day. My biggest regret is that we'll never be grandparents. Said before on here that I've advertised for anyone who wants to adopt a grandad, only one owner, never used except to go to church. Come Christmas time we both get pangs and so we keep a low profile. That's why we come up to Thoresby Hall at the beginning of December. Get our Christmas over and done with.

As someone who has no living grandparents I'm happy to adopt you as my Grandad if I'm not too old!!

• 1 year later...