Grey lives matter...

It is perfectly acceptable & even encouraged to say "black lives matter." But not acceptable & even borderline illegal to say "white lives matter." So I include everyone from deepest black to lightest white, & anyone in between & say "grey lives matter."  I'll either please everyone, or offend everyone, at least it's equal - I think...

• Like 1

The furore over this annoys me. There's nothing illegal about it, nothing advocating violence, it's a simple statement - white lives matter.

Those who are pontificating and displaying their outrage and claiming the moral high ground need to think about the ramifications of denying peoples right to voice their opinion .

• Like 3

Everyone's life matters, to them. From another standpoint, perhaps, nobody's life matters, in the great scheme of things.

This world has gone crazy. I hope I don't have to suffer it for too much longer.

:blink:

I expect the individual Hindu or Buddhist goes around thinking their many lives matter. Do some former lives matter more than others, though?  If you believe in reincarnation (and, yes, I do!) you may have been all colours of the rainbow at some time or other.  Do I now have to start apologising for things I said/did when I was somebody else? :wacko:  or will whosoever I'm going to be next need to apologise for what I did last week?

Questions, questions and so few answers.

If you apologise now Jill in advance  it's over and done with. You can then out and create mayhem with a clear conscience!

Some of my favourite reading over the years.

Connelly has created a character of someone that I would value and listen to; Harry Bosch has a blend of being a principled rationalist tempered with determined pragmatism.