We were sitting on the beach at Wells-next-the-sea last Wednesday when the Red Arrows flew over on their way to the Cromer Festival I think it was ... it was unexpected, and people couldn't get their phones out quick enough to get any video.

• Like 1
Just now, MargieH said:

We were sitting on the beach at Wells-next-the-sea last Wednesday when the Red Arrows flew over on their way to the Cromer Festival I think it was ... it was unexpected, and people couldn't get their phones out quick enough to get any video.

I've got a picnic chair set up at the top of our field and I'm just making sure my camera is charged. This will be my personal display! :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Don't fall asleep in the sunshine, Phil, and miss it!!

Hopefully the noise will wake me. I've just checked the Notams and they're leaving Scampton at 3.20 to be over Syerston at 3.30 - back home by 4.00. It's a bit less than a mile away from me. I can see the windsock. Should I pack some sandwiches?

sure do Phil the display was spoiled last year by a load of pillochs in boats who caused it to be further out to sea, I am hoping the vibration causes the summer house that is teetering on Salcombe Hill cliff to fall in the drink ,There,s a sweepstake on it,s demise in the Swan pub!

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Looks like you were there today Rog.

Not there today Phil, I took that picture some time ago, I seem to have loads of aviation pics,was listening in on my scanner though this afternoon and heard them take off and heard several instructions from the leader, also saw them in the distance from the back window of our place,

Rog

20 minutes ago, plantfit said:

Not there today Phil, I took that picture some time ago, I seem to have loads of aviation pics,was listening in on my scanner though this afternoon and heard them take off and heard several instructions from the leader, also saw them in the distance from the back window of our place,

Rog

I expect you see a lot of them living close by, maybe even beneath, their training area. We just see gliders now - nice and peaceful!

We are quite a few miles south of Scampton but on occasions we sometimes get a low pass as they come over the village and onto Bassingham village on their way back to base because a couple of the pilots live in the next village, last week we got a low pass of the Lancaster on it's way back to Coningsby,again one of the crew lives in the village, a lot of stuff from Waddington and Cranwell (out nearest airfields) are always overhead but I never tire of looking up when I hear the Merlin engines

Rog

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, MargieH said:

A lovely part of the world Margie.

dsc_1336-web.jpg

Pity the houses are so small

dsc_1388-web.jpg

• Like 2

Some years ago, in the nearby village of Rolleston, a Vulcan pilot from Waddington decided to buzz his parents house at a very low level. Some windows in the village were broken. I believe he was taken aside and spoken to! :biggrin: I must confess that I did a few low level beat-ups back in my flying days but not in such a spectacular aeroplane!

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, catfan said:

A lovely part of the world Margie.

dsc_1336-web.jpg

Pity the houses are so small

dsc_1388-web.jpg

My wife's father came from Wells and we used to go there quite a lot. There was an award winning chip shop on the front. I like Wells, must go again after the school holidays.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MargieH said:

We were sitting on the beach at Wells-next-the-sea last Wednesday when the Red Arrows flew over on their way to the Cromer Festival I think it was ...

Another couple of places i love,,did a few years working all along the Norfolk coast....Wavy line and Budgens stores,,anyone remember them ?

Just now, benjamin1945 said:

Another couple of places i love,,did a few years working all along the Norfolk coast....Wavy line and Budgens stores,,anyone remember them ?

An old friend, originally from our village, lives on the cliff top near Cromer. We have an open invitation to visit which we must take up before his house drops into the sea.:biggrin: I do like that part of the world. I remember once flying from Tollerton to Little Snoring in Norfolk. The return trip was over Wells next the Sea and then across the Wash over Hunstanton and then stopping at Skegness for tea. A wonderful afternoon out!

• Like 3