I think the popular chip shop is called Frenchies - always seemed to have a long queue outside.  A new beach hut on Wells beach was selling for £69000.   They do look nice but ..... not sure at that price!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, sue B 48 said:

Was that a Budgens at East Runten ben.

Might of been Sue,,but never worked that one.......Budgens were all over Norfolk,,i did contract security for them,,just store detectives,,great people to deal with,,many funny stories about the lifters'' in Norfolk also following their delivery vehicles in the dead of night,,including falling out of a tree near Blakeney at 2 in the morning....lol

• Like 2

Driver suspected of off loading goodies in lay-byes,,to be picked up later,, anyway these drivers were often out all night,,and i had followed him from Wellingborough Northants,,he made several drops at different stores and saw nothing untoward,,then he pulled into a lay-by,very long one and pitch black.

Car pulled in behind him,driver got out and into his cab,,thought probably exchanging money......so went in field and got level and climbed a tree to see into cab........how wrong can you be they loved each other,hence me falling out of tree.......lol

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MargieH said:

I think the popular chip shop is called Frenchies - always seemed to have a long queue outside.  A new beach hut on Wells beach was selling for £69000.   They do look nice but ..... not sure at that price!

Wells, just like Salcombe used to be lovely resorts until the yuppies discovered them. 

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

The Red Arrows are due to perform two display rehearsals at RAF Syerston tomorrow at 0915 and 1130. Looking at the weather forecast it’s due to turn wet with 100% cloud cover and a massive drop in temperature so I don’t know if it will go ahead. They do have an alternative low level display for such conditions so they may do that. This is becoming an annual event as there was a display last year. I have a ringside seat from home!

• 4 weeks later...

Just had a personal display at 9.35 this morning. We live directly opposite RAF Syerston and when we heard the noise we rushed to the front door to see them wizzing over our poplar trees at low level. There was a low cloud base so they performed their low-level display which was spectacular. It seemed like it was just for us! I gather they are doing a round trip over Notts and Lincs including the City Centre. I think they’re returning to Syerston at around 12 noon for another show. Just what we need to bring a bit of excitement to our dull lives!

• Like 1

Wish I could see them. The only planes we have over here are two fighter jets that fly over low to say hello mum

I got about three. It was very difficult! I went to get the camera half an hour before and got the message 'battery discharged'. As my Nikon was the only one with a proper zoom lens I hastily put it on charge and it filled up pretty quickly. Try tracking  a Red Arrow across the sky. It ain't easy!