Hello everyone,

This is a bit of a strange request, and probably a long shot too, but I wonder if anyone can help me?

I was fortunate in January, to acquire my very beautiful 1954 Rover 90. Because of her extensive history file, I'm able to trace her history back to her leaving the Rover factory in Solihull, on the 10th September 1954 arriving at her supplying dealer, C.H. Truman & Co.Ltd, Huntingdon Street, who registered her to a Mr. Walter Ball, 201 Derby Road, on the 13th September. She subsequently changed ownership to a Mr. Rueben Davis, 1 Wellington Square, Derby Road, around March 1960.

I would be eternally grateful if there is anyone who remembers her, her previous owners - maybe a family member, has any background history or, maybe a photograph I could get a copy of.

Those observant amongst you, will notice that she still carries her original Nottinghamshire number she was registered with on the 13th September 1954!

I very much look forward to receiving any information anyone might have.

Many, Many thanks in anticipation.

Kindest regards.

Malcolm.     

Welcome to the forum Malcolm, from another Malcolm with a brace of P4 Rovers, both 100's. One of mine is also a Nottingham City registered car owned for many years by John Herbert, a jeweller. Just one thing though, whilst your car would have most likely have been supplied by C H Truman, at the time yours was registered and up to sometime in the 1960's C H Truman were on Mansfield Road/corner of Bluecoat Street. Huntingdon Street came later.  Give me a while and I should be able to find more info on Trumans.

And hello from someone else as well.

I've already posted this in another thread somewhere on this site, but you'll see it's an advert _ probably late 40s - early 50s - for Truman's dealership. The ad says Mansfield Road, but as other Malcolm has mentioned, it was on the corner of the two roads so is probably the same place you mentioned.

CjFZqqZ.jpg

No it isn't on Huntingdon Street. Its on Mansfield Road. No 61 to be precise. It says so on the advert  :biggrin:

• Like 1

C-T, Did you mean to post that particular picture?

That's Mansfield road / Woodborough Rd /Bluecoat st junction.

It does say Mansfield Rd on the bottom of the advert.

Trueman info and the above picture on here

No. I said it was on Mansfield Road/corner of Bluecoat Street when Malcolm's car (and mine) was registered in 1954. Stuart C has agreed. Trumans were on Huntingdon Street much later. You photo/ad shows C H Truman in its original place on Mansfield Road, long before it moved to Huntingdon Street

15 hours ago, The Pianoman said:

Welcome to the forum Malcolm, from another Malcolm with a brace of P4 Rovers, both 100's. One of mine is also a Nottingham City registered car owned for many years by John Herbert, a jeweller. Just one thing though, whilst your car would have most likely have been supplied by C H Truman, at the time yours was registered and up to sometime in the 1960's C H Truman were on Mansfield Road/corner of Bluecoat Street. Huntingdon Street came later.  Give me a while and I should be able to find more info on Trumans.

Good morning Malcolm,

Thank you for your welcome and quick response.

I'm delighted I've found another P4 man, I can understand one is never enough! I'm not sure if you saw the photo attachment of my car when I posted my original message or not.

However, I've attached the RF60 logbook showing both the Nottingham residents who owned the car in the 50's and 60's. I wonder if they might jog any memories with any contributors to this forum at all?

Thank you for the info on C.H. Truman, obviously a major motor trader of the time in Nottingham.

I look forward to seeing anything else that might emerge.

Many thanks and kindest regards.

Malcolm  

15 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

And hello from someone else as well.

I've already posted this in another thread somewhere on this site, but you'll see it's an advert _ probably late 40s - early 50s - for Truman's dealership. The ad says Mansfield Road, but as other Malcolm has mentioned, it was on the corner of the two roads so is probably the same place you mentioned.

CjFZqqZ.jpg

Thank you Cliff,

I'll keep this with the expanding history file for my old Rover.

I sent Malcolm, a message this morning thanking him also for his help. I attached the old logbook which shows the two Nottingham residents that someone might remember.

Many thanks for your help.

Kindest regards.

Malcolm. 

To post pictures on here you need to use outside hosting like Postimg.org   I have seen your car on the rally circuit years ago. I always keep my eyes open for Nottingham registered cars. 

• Like 1