My PC has issued an 'Unsecure Site Warning', which states the images on the site may be targeted by attackers that may try to interfere with posted image content being viewed.

I've also had a warning that unwanted apps have attempted to infiltrate my PC when viewing in 'Activity' from one or two contributors.

Please ensure PC protective measures are taken and anti-virus and other attacking software are regularly updated.

Regards,

Alpha.

Which browser and software are you using ?

When I look at Nottstalgia I get the padlock symbol indicating that it is HTTPS and safe.

The warnings you have received may be the equivalent of people who ring you up to say that your computer needs fixing.

And where do you find the padlock CT?

If it's an E-mail it's probably a 'phishing'  notice. If it's a 'pop-up' that just appeared on screen then I suggest you may have an infection of some sort...

Funnit Stuart, thank you very glad. ;)

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

Which browser and software are you using ?

When I look at Nottstalgia I get the padlock symbol indicating that it is HTTPS and safe.

The warnings you have received may be the equivalent of people who ring you up to say that your computer needs fixing.

Cliff Ton,

I have the Padloch visible on the N web bar.

I'm using New MS Edge browser with upto date virus protection, firewall etc.

The apps attempt is notified via MS Edge notification box.

The Unsafe Site Warning alert was visible in a box immediately to the left of the Padlock web bar.

Cliff Ton,

I took a screen shot. Unfortunately it's too big to attach, 140 kb.

31 minutes ago, Alpha said:

The Unsafe Site Warning alert was visible in a box immediately to the left of the Padlock web bar.

That seems to be the ultimate in contradictions !   Like saying a black box is white.

I've looked at Nottstalgia on my main  computer (iMac) through three different browsers - Chrome, Firefox, and Safari - and I don't get any warnings.

I've also looked at it on my phone - Android with Chrome - and I don't get any warnings.

It will be interesting to hear if anyone else gets a similar message.

And for reference, this is what you see if a site is not safe.

QTHt2HK.jpg

Clicking the link shows nothing untoward Alpha.

I can't see any obvious reason why the link should refer to that part of Nottstalgia - unless it's just a general warning about Bulwell.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

I can't see any obvious reason why the link should refer to that part of Nottstalgia - unless it's just a general warning about Bulwell.

QTHt2HK.jpg

Cliff Ton,

This warning also appears when I open the 'Battle of the Somme' topic but not the others.

The warning doesn't travel as far as here - both the mentioned topics open up as normal.

Perhaps a scan with Trend HouseCall may be in order.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonab said:

The warning doesn't travel as far as here - both the mentioned topics open up as normal.

Perhaps a scan with Trend HouseCall may be in order.

Done Jonab, all clear!

The warning indicates a threat originating from the leads I have indicated.

regards,

5 hours ago, Alpha said:

This warning also appears when I open the 'Battle of the Somme' topic but not the others.

That may explain the whole problem. In the Somme thread there's a post from Jill S which includes a link to an insecure site (Sherwood Foresters).

Your original warning is probably caused by something similar in the Basford/Bulwell section, where there will be an accumulation over the years of dozens of links to insecure sites.