Some new poles have appeared on the Wells Road, either side just north of Donkey Hill and again further up near Astley Drive.  Steel, painted grey, about 100mm square section and about 4m tall.  I am just curious.  Any ideas?

Notices went up on some Mapperley Park roads stating it was Resident Permit Holders Only parking during the day.  Our road has got busier with parked cars since then because the next road, closer to town, has become a permit holder only area.  

This is the one thing about Nottingham I am ashamed of: it introduced the first workplace parking fee. Now Scotland has passed legislation modelled on it. But in the real world, occupied by real, working people/couples not by well-heeled, taxi-toting councillors, driving cars--and therefore parking them--is often essential. Cars are and should always remain part of the transport mix. Oh, and they emancipated the working class too...

• Like 1

Haven't noticed any undue commuter parking up there.  As an aside, there is some nice mapping on that site referenced by Stuart's post if you click on Public Consultation.

http://www.NottinghamTraffWeb.co.uk

I'd seen the Mapping but hadn't realised it can be dragged out to the Nottinghamshire County boundaries.

https://www.nottinghamtraffweb.co.uk/consult/main.html

Click spanner on top left for enlarge.

Click and drag on box within the map bottom right to jump to and area.

Map takes time to load depending on your device and connection.

You were on the money Stuart.  The poles now have signage for parking restrictions along the lines of "Permit holders only past this point".

The signage implies that it applies to The Wells Road and all thoroughfares leading off it.  I'll check when next passing through.

2 hours ago, bamber said:

...there are places close to town where you can park for 1 and in some cases 2 hours free of charge.

I often use the top half of North Sherwood Street (from Peel Street onwards) which is free for 2 hours.

Wells Road restrictions in two sections.  Shepherd's Race garage up to pedestrian crossing/Premier shop (presumed to include side streets) and then just past Astley Drive to just before Walter Halls school.  Parking permits 8am to 8pm except marked bays (like 2hrs free outside Macmillan House complex).  Nearer town there is 2hrs free opposite IC discounts on St Ann's Well Road.

It makes me chuckle all the men knowing where the 2 hour free parking is.

Two hours is a quick nip to the shops, can't do proper shopping in that time.:rolleyes:

• Like 4