Over the last week or two I have noticed that the ex-pat communitee has dwindled down to nothing, even Cali Cal has deserted us,unless it's me not being on at the right time of day but me thinks it isn't that...

I know the reason why Caz isn't with us, we are not even getting posts from the ones that are unexplainibly missing so summuts up!

So lets have an head count, you don't have to post just let me know you are there.. !englandflag! unionflag !tanning! welcomehome

PS...ayup there's no need for you to reply we all know you are there...

I'm here, I look several times a day on the website, but don't post unless the subject takes me fancy. I know folks have been having trouble getting on the site, perhaps that's the prob.

I'm ere Puck.

I just got released by the missus after spending the last couple of weeks on tourist duty showing her brother and his other half around the place.

They've gone back home to Blighty now.

I'm FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

where's Caz??

Baz

Hello Katyjay I have noticed you lurking if that's the right word for it, I would say it's more like browsimg, yes that's right, Browsing! :Kiss:

Hello to you too bazza, Caz has had a few problems loging on in fact she hasn't been able to get anywhere near the site for over two weeks, I have sent her a email but of late I haven't received one back, It could be she's ignoring me for the time being, Ozzy ex pats can sometimes be like that especially silly Girlie alcoholic ones........ :Vampire:

Cali Cal has disappaired too, maybe she's polishing her husbands balls [golf balls silly] or his clubs whatever is needed that's what I say...... vampire2

Yoohoo! I'm here too. sorry not been on recently, with teen being off school, we've been driving to god knows where and been out most days.

im back now tho, but out today, ice skating tomoro, dunno bout sunday as yet, lincoln monday for that 1940's celebration thingy at the lincolnshire life museum, and tuesday at the national memorial arboretum (or however you spell it hehehe). think thats all of it so far, but will prob get roped into going somewhere else as well. oooooooooooooooooops!!!

Nice to have you back smileysal you sound as if you are a busy lady...

I beleive Holme pierpont are holding a international conoeing weekend and it's free to get in just a thought.......

Don't be to upset about coming from Mansfield you know someone has to hehehehe...........

When you go ice skating I take it that will be in Nottingham or is there still an ice rink in Ashfield? anyroadup if it is Nottingham just mention my name you should get in for the normal price.....hehehehe.... vampire2

hpp2.jpg

hpp1.jpghpp3.jpg

There has been no ball polishing of any kind (unfortunately!!) I'm here Dennis, I've just been very busy between talking to a travel agent, and trying to do my own booking online for our next trip across the pond. Will be in England March 29-April 2 then flying to Scotland for my sisters wedding. We'll have to plan the Third Annual Nottstalgia Meet-Up for then, let's hope we show up on time for this one!!!

We'll be staying at the Travelodge in Alfreton (the cheapest place I could find), hopefully it's not in a dodgy area. It's right where the A61 and A38 meet, does anyone know what that area is like?

:Kiss: Well hello Elaine nice of you to give up your time I know you too is a busy mum and Husband beater sorry husband sitter, silly me, the polishing of balls and rubbing of the niblet was just a passing thought, I have those when I'm all along on here especially when the electric metre needs another bob and I'm out of candles.....

I can see by the standard of hotels you pick you are a really fussy penny pinching type of person, you are a girl after my own heart Elaine. If you had given me warning in advance I could have had a wall knocked down and an extention built to accommodate you and the tribe but as it is I think you have got a good deal with that Travelodge in fact I couldn't compete with that even if I had made you bring your own snap and linen........

anyroadup I can't wait for the next meet up and this time I will make it a point to go to the toilet before I come out that way it will save all those stops we had to make this time also I shall instruct Mick on map reading............no sense of direction that's his problem....... :Vampire:

PS...is Mick back from his free board and lodgings holiday....? :tease:

the travel lodge is 5 minutes from where i live. Fortunately it is on the good side of alfreton right next to thorntons chocolate factory. If bip meets you there he will not be dissappointed because within spitting distance is one of the best real ale pubs for miles, "The Steam Packet" with about 10 real ales on the go at any one time. Speaking of meet ups it`s time for my excuse for not being there. Well here go`s, and it`s the best one i can think of.....our Gert is pregnent AGAIN and this time it will be twins so we had a lot of running around to do and some sitting down to get over the shock. That will make 6 of the little boggers running around now. Must start and seriously think about getting a television for the coming winter months.

That pub The Steampacket sounds as if I will have to pay it a visit Mr rob t and Bl00dy hell mate 6 kids it sounds to me red that he needs more than a knighthood more like something a little more permanent, like the snip......LOL....I was snipped many many years ago......... vampire2

I know for a fact that Elaine loves chocolate maybe that's why she went for the cheap Travelodge nearby.......lets hope it's not a Fawlty Towers setup...

unofficial_guide.jpg

whenever you want to go bip just let me know, by the way, have you been in a wetherspoons pub? their real ales are all £1.39 a pint and not bad at all, abbots ale is i think the best at the moment !cheers!

Took a trip out to the Steampacket today and took this photo sorry about the quality but it was taken with me camera phone.........and yes mr rob t I have been in a Wetherspoons we have one of those here in Beeston the old post Office sorting Office was converted over to one and I know what you mean about cheap ales the last time I went in there they had Roaring Meg on at £1-55 a pint a bargain considering it's over 5%abv...............

the only thing that lets the Wetherspoons down here in Beeston is that it has started to attract the wrong type of person. A few weeks ago when I payed a visit it looked like there had been a fight at the OK coral apparently earlier there had been some trouble......I asked one of the bar staff what had been going off and she told me that two of the gambling machines had been broken into and a fight insued.......................not the type of thing you want happening when all you want is a quite cheap drink.....................I suppose when you see security [bouncer] on the door that's a give away that you maybe in for trouble....or they have had trouble either way it doesn't look good.......... vampire2 anyroadup I'm out again tonight "what do you mean out again! your always out, I know! going up Mansfield road to the Lincolnshire Poacher for me weekly fix of Harvest Pale yummmmmy......and the bar staff ain't bad....nor the pork scratchings

post-34-1156610242_thumb.jpg

i shall be in there tomorrow after i`ve been shooting. if i`d known you were going today i would have been there as well, by the way what did you think? the place is more or less my local. didn`t take your dog did you ? on account of the owners german shepherd which is always in the bar.

No mr rob t I didn't take me dog mate I parked me Picasso in the car park and walked over the road to take the photo never poked my head around the door but one day I will come for that drink it's just finding the right time.......

I can't make tomorrow I've got a free ticket to go to the David Lloyds gym on the Pride park near Derby, I shall be there at about mid day until about two I think and then later I'm taking my new next door neighbours [they come from Bournmouth, soft southerners] on a magical mistery tour of the pubs in and about the Nottingham area....anyroadup makes a change from staying in on a Sunday night.... !rotfl!

Shooting you say? what do you shoot mate? clay pigeons or summut? or courting couples?

I wouldn't mind a go at that as a lad I use to cycle down to Collick Hall on a Sunday where they use to hold contests of Clay Pigeon shooting and as a lad as you do I pinched the empty shells......also at fairs on the rifle ranges I would alway win a plaster dog........... thumbsup

mr rob t Posted: Aug 26 2006, 06:53 PM 

clay pigeons tomorrow on a site that i help run. the other kind of shooting i do starts in september ( start of shooting season for game ) 

Where do you do your Clay pigeon shooting rob? as I said I wouldn't mind a go at that...is it expensive because I'm only a poor pensioner mate....... !rotfl!

going up Mansfield road to the Lincolnshire Poacher for me weekly fix of Harvest Pale yummmmmy......and the bar staff ain't bad....nor the pork scratchings

We must have crossed paths Den, me and the other 'arf were down Mansfield Road last night on account it was our wedding anniversary in the week so I splashed out on some bus fares and took 'er out.

Couple in the local waitin' for the bus then off at Woodborough Road junction and up to the Golden Fleece for one before av'in some snap in the Mayfair.

After that it was up to the Hard to Find Cafe (silly sods, it's marked on the map!) for a nice wheat beer followed by a couple in the Nags head and then across to the Poacher before takin her 'ome on the 89.

nice quiet nite - no fights and didn't get mugged despite getting so near to the centre of town :rolleyes:

Steady frank don't spoil the good lady mate you don't want them to get use to being treated, just once a year away from the kitchen sink that's enough.. that's what I say..................I'm going to get in trouble for saying that but who gives a shite.............................

I was in the Poachers back yard until about ten thirty from there we had the last one in the, sod it I can't remember it's name, anyroadup if you go out the back way through the yard up the steps and turn right there is a pub across the road about fifty yards away but I wouldn't recommend going in there because the ale is crap, the only bitter they had on was Whitbread Trophy...I shall not be going in there ever again........................

What beer did you have in the poacher frank? I would recommend Harvest Pale mate......light fruity quoffing beer... vampire2

.....our Gert is pregnent AGAIN and this time it will be twins so we had a lot of running around to do and some sitting down to get over the shock. That will make 6 of the little boggers running around now.

Good God Rob!! Have you two not yet figured out what's been causing it? Dan and I figured it out and put a stop to it altogether!!! (Well, now that's not entirely true!!)

Well I guess congratulations are in order!! Just think of it this way, when you get old and helpless and can no longer live without assistance, you will have a good selection of who to move in with!!! How far along is she, and do you know the sex yet...let me rephrase that...do you know the gender yet??

Oh, and Dennis...watch it buddy!!! It's a good thing for you Caz can't see that sexist comment, you'd get a lashing from both of us!! girlvboy

Cali Gal Posted on Aug 27 2006, 10:55 PM

Oh, and Dennis...watch it buddy!!! It's a good thing for you Caz can't see that sexist comment, you'd get a lashing from both of us!!  girlvboy 

Would that be a tongue lashing or the other kind if the other kind bring it on Matron.........haven't we been down this road befor in a previous topic..... vampire2

cali gal.....the twins are due on december 18th and the sex is one of each.

bip....the next shoot is on two weeks time, if you want to come brilliant, this invite extends to anybody else on this site who`s interested, i`ll supply the guns and cartridges but it will cost £12 for the shoot i`m afraid, nothing i can do about that as i only help run it not own it. it`s all legal and above board, no need for a licence as you shoot on mine. i garantee you will enjoy it.

Well blow me Den

You in the back yard and me and Mrs Frank in the best room (well I think it was). We left there and caught the 10.35 rattle wagon back to slumberland.

Mind you, I can't remember anyone from the back yard shouting 'Frank, Frank - you in there mate?' smile2

I topped off the night with a nice cool Guinness -mmm smashin'