" Smile " Make my Day

Due to this Virus, lots of us are fed-up, depressed, brownded off, and much more!!

So this Topic is any thing you can think off that brings a little smile to your face;

I have just read about Nonna mum passing away, and it brought back memories off my own mum, who in fact was 99 when she closed her eyes. Each time that I went to visit her in the home, the staff would say "Oh we love your mum she always smiles for us!" so on this topic 

Banned is falling out, arguing, fighting . ect ect. You must only post happy/smiley comments no matter how long or short they are. 

So have you all got the jest of it??    "GOOD HERE GOES"

Had a visitor this morning about 5 30 am     It was little Sam the squirrel he was digging in my plant pot which had my patio rose in, well after 2 mins soil and rose were all over the patio, but Sam was happy has he had just planted his next dinner. 

Just one more   when virus ban had been liffted a little went a walk out, mask on, but just coming out of the Micro pub was a young fellow, only had,  had a few drinks. Afternoon he shouted to all who he could see, at last said he "its UK's inderpendent Day" .

Just little things in this doom and glum,

Just one more while out walking going across our small brook, saw 4 boys sitting on the large stone's near the top, (if you have seen the picture of some men eating sitting high in the sky on a steel girder) this is just what the boys looked like, "You lot would makes a great photo" i said!  with this they all wanted me to take a  photo. So i took it on my phone with the boys all giving me there phone numbers so i could send it on. The photo was a good one. so sent it to the boys. Photo taken in last year some time!! Then the other day my phone rang and it was one of the boys asking how i was and would I like any shopping doing, 

Now I don't no about you but this 

"MADE MY DAY"

• Like 7

My mum always said she didn't want any flowers at her funeral. She would rather have them while she was here.  If she met someone she knew while out shopping, she would always buy them a bunch of flowers. Similarly, if she went to visit anyone, she took flowers. It always cheered people up. Misery and feeling sorry for yourself were things mum had no time for. Always had a smile, bless her :rolleyes:

At her funeral, in February 2010, everyone was asked to bring a bunch of cut daffodils, her favourite flowers.  They were given a photo of mum and asked to take the daffodils home, put them in a vase with mum's photo next to it and smile!

• Like 3

I had to smile the other day. Was almost at my house, driving along, and saw 2 Quail running across the road so I slowed down. Then I saw they had about 20 babies with them, who can only be described as walnuts on legs, they are so tiny. They were all running like the clappers to get across the street.

• Like 3

Sat in the garden this morning watching a young Robin trying to work out how to get food from my bird feeders. He watched the sparrows for a bit then flew onto the bird feeder and tried to get at the suet pellets through the Perspex (spelling?).  Back on the fence, watched the sparrows and then tried again, once again nowhere near the feeding hole. He went back on the fence, I thought he might give up but he tried again and this time found the feeding hole got his suet pellet and went back to the fence to eat it. Success!
Now he is just showing off, backwards and forwards like an old hand even trying the sunflower hearts and eventually he found the mealworms which are above the suet pellets in the same feeder. 
It made my morning as I am on my own at the moment, Kai is at the vets having his teeth sorted so I am at a bit of a loss, brought a smile to my face. Looks like I will have to increase the bird food allowance!

• Like 4

We have a whole family of  little squirrels visit every day. Between them (5 mum, dad and three youngster. I think) they get through two large feeders a say. It amuses me to keep moving things around and watch them work out how to get to the food...

• Like 3

For a lifting of the spirit do have a look at the U Tube video Andre Rieu and Amira, where she sings O Mio Babbino Caro from the Puccini Opera. ( 5mins 32 secs, May 31 2015, 40 mil views).

The young Amira must have been about 10 years of age when the video was made and the previous year had won the finale of a Dutch talent show.

Even if the idea of opera fills you with dread, do have a look as I hope I am right in saying that only those without a soul will remain unmoved.

• Like 4

Absolutely Devine Jonab. Many, many thanks for posting the clip. B.

Apart from bird watching, we have been trying to count butterflies on the little buddleia ( spelling) under our bedroom window. Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Large whites plus Tortoise shells. A delight watching them while drinking our coffee outside.

• Like 4

Welcome to nottstalgia Centaur 

many, many thanks for telling all members about Andre Rieu & Amira

It was absolutely  beautifull 

It certainty made my day.

20 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

t certainty made my da

Thought I made your day Noddy. Not going to sulk though. Take care.

I didn't listen to the link before I posted it. I have now and I'm very impressed. That little girl has real talent.

I also want to apologise to Centaur for taking any credit for his posting. It was he that provided the inspiration, I merely provided the link.

All credit to you both Jonab. Credit where it's due. He suggested, you provided. Certainly brought a year to this old man's eye.

Thank you both. Beekay.

• Like 1

Afternoon Big ears just looked at Enid Blyton Noddy & Big Ears, and reading it , seems like Noddy was a bully, Honestly Big Ears I'm no bully being brought up in the 60s Peace man Peace. and of cause Ban the Bomb  not forgetting freddom for women (birth pill)

Beekay suchhhhhh don't tell any one our little secreat N &BG let them guess. 

Right back to normal subject.

What a wonderfull day, hung out washing 7 00am all iron dried and put away. New sofa arrived at last waited from Janurary  had to go 5 times around the world looking for my postcode   B??????  sat nav's.

Sammy the squirrel came this morning and said hello!!     Just Smile!!!!

Spent my morning Butterfly counting. Fascinating subject once you get into it. Took my trusty little camera outside and got some nice pictures.

Posted my results off and will have another go tomorrow. Would post some pictures on here but no doubt somebody would complain.

I did football practice on the rec with our 9 year old grandson this afternoon.   I actually don't like football at all, but you do these things for the little ones, don't you...... 

I was sometimes the goalkeeper and actually  stopped one goal being scored (accidentally). and sometimes I was kicking at the goal - didn't score any though - and in fact some of my kicks never even reached the goalposts.    

You would all have smiled if you'd seen us, as did several people who walked by!   I'm worn out now.as I'm not used to that kind of exercise.

Perhaps  I won't be smiling in the morning....

MargieH

I'm sure tomorrow you will be smiling. Each time I have meet you at  a meet-up you have allways smiled no matter what.  

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Beekay said:

Spent my morning Butterfly counting. Fascinating subject once you get into it. Took my trusty little camera outside and got some nice pictures.

Posted my results off and will have another go tomorrow. Would post some pictures on here but no doubt somebody would complain.

"Butterfly"  was this a TV program?

Just wait until I  meet up with you Mary1947. That'll wipe the smile off, just ask Margie.:rolleyes:

In answer to your question Noddy, no, the program was called 'Butterflies' with Wendy Craig. A 30min comedy.