I think we discussed this before. The destination for me would be conditional, are we mere observers or taking part? Observing Pompeii  before the bang would be OK, not so good if you're at the grocers counting the Sesterces in your change. I'd be fascinated to see Ancient Egypt, but not if I'm the one pulling blocks of stone across the desert...

Free choice I'd go forward, with the speed of technological change I'd love to how things are a few thousand years from now. Again that's conditional on whether we have turned the planet into a radioactive cinder.

• Like 2

I'd like to go back to the day before I was born.  Just to see what average everyday life was like then; how people - and the world as a whole - looked when I first appeared.

But if i saw it, I'd be surprised how dated it looked, and I'd be thinking "Surely I'm not that old".

• Like 4

I research my family and sometimes come across something that I want to ask why. I would have a few questions to ask if I went back. But in some circumstances think it would be better not to know because it's so sad. 

I would like to go back in time to see what my mams life was like growing up with five sisters in Mansfield, and then , to the war years and see what their lives were like when they all moved and lived on Vicarage st Nottingham. 

Moving on to the end of the war, I would like to have been lurking somewhere watching as Mam and Dad met for the first time. I always wish I had talked to them more about their lives, If I could go back in time I would see them as people and not  just Mam and dad. 

I must say as much as I would like to see into their lives when they were young and carefree, I certainly prefer being in my time in this crazy, scary world.:rolleyes:

• Like 6

I'd like to go back to the early 1900s when my mum was growing up on a farm in North Notts.  She used to tell me lots of stories about her happy childhood with her 5 siblings, especially the 2 youngest ones.   (I used to prefer her stories being told to me at bedtime rather than any books).    I would want to be a child myself when I went back in time, so I could play with them all on the farm... 

• Like 3

If we could go back it would have to be as an invisible observer otherwise it would cause a paradox that only Kurt Vonnegut jr himself could juggle around. I'm with Brew - lets go to the future. We can't do anything about the past - but if we could see into the future...........

It’s alright wanting to go forward in time, but don’t you think people might get a bit suspicious if you’re winning the lottery jackpot every week?

And what if you went back 2000 years and got categoric proof of whether Jesus really did or didn’t exist? Would anyone believe you?

I wouldn’t wish to go back to years before my birth, I know that times were tough for all but the wealthy. 
For me I’d just like to go back to my late teens and early twenties ...... lots of my friends were getting married and having babies but that wasn’t in my agenda, I was having a ball !   I finally settled down when I married at 25 but I will always hold those fun times In the 60s and 70s in my memory.   

• Like 6

I would like to go back to the early 1800s to talk to  my 3 times great grandfather, a person of colour who worked as a fisherman/sailor in Grimsby. His early life is a complete mystery. His adult life and family life is an interesting story passed down the generations. The evidence suggests he was a nice guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2