On this day in 1947 my mum and dad married at St Mary’s church at Arnold. Their first child, my older sister Janet was born 4 years later. 
Five years ago today, exactly 68 years after their wedding my sister died after a long illness that she faced with great courage and dignity. 
There is rarely a day goes by without I think about her. 
I’m not religious at all but do know she is now free from pain and at rest.

• Like 5

Sorry for your loss letsavagoo. I have one of those dates where things happened a lot. March 22, 1986 we left England for a new life in the U.S.   March 22, 1996 our one and only grandson was born. March 22, 1998 my mum passed away and March 22, 2018 my eldest brother passed away (Chulla).

• Like 1

Yes, he started there age 16 and did a 5 year apprenticeship in coppersmith. Worked for almost 40 years there and took early retirement. This would have been 1955-95.

I wish i knew about nottstalgia sooner and could have corresponded with Chulla about RR. and Hucknall Aerodrome.We had a few customers from RR Hucknall come to my fathers garage at Watnall, two of them i remember was a Mr Coles who lived at Bleaseby who drove a mid 60s Vauxhall Cresta,and another chap by the name of John Ball who lived at Nuthall,he was an invalid who drove a early 60s minor 1000 traveller which we converted to hand controls. Have great memories of going to the airshows seeing the latest technology of the day and really enjoyed the ten shilling flight over Nottingham in the DC3.