wedding your bottom drawer

I have to agree with you Jill but it was the spare bedroom that only gets used for storage and for me to sleep in occasionally. The items in there I thought was of better quality but they didn't match but I liked them.  I totally refused on principle to pay more, it was either that or nothing as the other items had been given away. I am now a tight fisted miserable old sod.  As for Ikea I don't like the place ,  I wont mention what I think of the items they sell.

• Like 1

I have been round Ikea to buy some glasses for the village hall. Once you’re in they make it very difficult for you to get out without seeing the whole shop. I’ve been using Amazon for months now and don’t really have the need to go out to buy things. Other than doing something like buying a car where you need to be hands on before purchase, I shall buy on line. With the mileage I’m doing at the moment I think I’ll wait for electric car prices to become more realistic and are able to do a round trip of 320 miles to my son’s without stopping to recharge.

• Like 2

I find that shopping  online so much easier, you have a much better choice of items, no travelling miles and walking around to find they don't have exactly what you want or having to carry it back to the car or wait days for it to be delivered. As for cars I have only average just under 100 miles a month, why did I buy a new car last year.

I must admit I've got used to shopping online. The only gripe I have is missing items and substitutions, which can be a pain in the arse. First one we had, back in March, we had missing potatoes and the substitute was Shallots!

Couldn't see the likeness. Mind you, it was the first time I'd ever had Shallots.

Morrisons have generally very good with online deliveries. In addition we have a well stocked village shop two miles away and a first class farm shop and butcher's three miles away. I doubt we'll ever walk round a supermarket again although I do miss the middle aisles at Bingham Lidl where I picked up lots of useless gadgets!