Notts Nostalgia on Notts TV

Sundays have a brand new look on Notts TV. Join Paul Robey at midday for Notts Nostalgia. Stories, memories and pictures from where you live on Freeview 7 & Virgin 159. It's LIVE so you can get involved via social and text. Don't miss the launch this Sunday Oct 4 12-3pm!

Pauls show used to be on Radio Nottingham until the station shakeup 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Just happened upon "Paul Robey's Notts Nostalgia" on Notts TV.  Showing a few old photos but not particularly identifying what/where they are. It is on now as a repeat but I read that he does a regular Notts Nostalgia slot on Sundays 1200-1500.

• Upvote 1

I used to rather enjoy listening to Paul Robey’s radio programme on a Sunday while preparing the Sunday roast but since it’s moved to Notts TV I can’t get too enthusiastic.  I’m too busy to sit and watch the TV at that time of day and the old photos do seem to be put on there in a bit of a random fashion without much information.  Paul is much better on radio than as a TV presenter, lovely as he is as a person.  

I agree Lizzie.  After what seemed like half a dozen photos, they looped around and repeated.  There was a promotion for picturenottingham.co.uk so I guess that's where the photos came from. Easier to go look for oneself (with the bonus of some form of description).

On 4/27/2021 at 4:31 PM, The Engineer said:

I agree Lizzie.  After what seemed like half a dozen photos, they looped around and repeated.

Can't get Notts TV in the S.West  but if there were any old pics of Griffin and Spalding  (that also appeared in the last few days on a certain F.B. Nott'm page) those came from this site and not credited .  

A question to people who can see Notts TV........on which channel/system do you watch it ?  When it first started it was on Freeview, but it hasn't been there for several years....at least not on any TV set I have access to.

It must be just me.

When it started, Notts TV was on Freeview without me even looking or asking for it. It was there for a couple of years, then it disappeared. Since then I've re-tuned and re-scanned the television many times, but NTV doesn't come back.

I'm not too worried, because last time it was there it was pretty amateurish and boring.

Notts TV does show up as Channel 667 on our old satellite box (not a Skybox) tuned to Astra 19.2 degrees but when selecting it , just says "no signal".

Ironically the next "channel" to it is called "PTC Punjab" and can receive that as clear as a bell !

There are literally dozens of these Asian channels plus African and Chinese ones viewable but none of the nearer Continental Europe ones work.