Sign in to follow this  
philmayfield

My luck day.

I ordered a toaster, from Amazon of course, and I got a picture on my ‘phone this morning with the words ‘left in a safe place’. The safe place was on the grass, next to the parcel box, as it was too large to fit in it. I rescued it before a passing gypsy purloined it, opened it up and discovered a £50 voucher for Virgin Wines as a thank you for the purchase. As the purchase was only £29.99 I was in profit. The case of wine will probably be here tomorrow. This is my lucky day! My wife now wants a new Russell Hobbs kettle to match the toaster. I couldn’t get lucky again could I? 

Where are they going to leave the wine?  Perhaps the nun will reappear and help you drink it?  Appropriate, really. Virgin wines!

Virgin on the ridiculous! The last delivery of wine was also left at the bottom of the drive in full view of the lane. I only spotted it as I went out to the workshop. There are some blithering idiots amongst the delivery drivers.

You'll have the entire convent round!  Just wondering where I put my scapula and wimple. :P

6 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

You'll have the entire convent round!  Just wondering where I put my scapula and wimple. :P

Remember your vows!

I wanted to be a Carmelite until I found out they wear veils over their faces. It would get in the way of the glass! :wacko:

50 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I've given in to temptation and ordered the matching kettle to see if I get another £50 wine voucher!

Dint get a voucher with me ironing board ! Sounds a bit like favouritism to me. :shout:

I've been Amazon's best customer for some time. 12 miles to Nottingham, 10 miles to Newark and 5 miles to Southwell. Deliveries come to me now. It was quite exciting driving to Lincoln on Monday. It was the furthest we've been for weeks but I wanted to get a car MOT'd at the main dealer before the warranty ran out. I must confess I gave it some wellie down the A46 to blow the cobwebs away!