I might be preaching to the converted here, so forgive my ignorance if I am. I was vaguely aware that it was possible to “check-out” online the magazines that you might find in your local library. After a little (very little) research and downloading the RBdigital app onto my ipad I now have access to loads of up-to-date magazines .... for free!

I’ve often paid pounds for a digital photography magazine only to be disappointed by its contents, or fancied reading one article in Country Life without having to pay for the countless ads for multi-million pound properties. And now I can. So far I have read, or skimmed through, Amateur Gardening, Amateur Photographer, and Country Life. I have Countryfile, Gardeners World, Computer Active and Country Walking to get through before I even get off the first page of titles! All latest issues.

If you have a library account it’s well worth downloading the app. After all, we’ve all got plenty of time on our hands!

Errr... sort of, but not quite. I have an account with Nottingham Libraries which I only used for renewing books. The website was ...

https://emlib.ent.sirsidynix.net.uk/client/en_GB/nelib

On there is a section (scroll down) for eMagazines.

Then I get ...

“Library members can access a range of free digital magazines.

You can do this from both library and home computers.

There are 150 titles to choose from. You can use your smartphone, tablet or PC to read a magazine wherever you are for free.”

Then a few images of magazine covers.

“Follow these four easy steps to enjoy eMagazines from RBdigital:

1. Navigate to Nottinghamshire Libraries' RBdigital page.

2. Create an RBDigital account using your library card number. 

3. Find and download eMagazines. “

On the library site? I think you have to have a library account to access the magazines etc. Do you have a library card? My library membership number starts D followed by 8 numbers and is printed on my card. I think if you can find the library website where you are (where you can renew your loans), and open an account, you can access the eMagazine section.

Perhaps this might help ...

https://www.eastsussex.gov.uk/libraries/online/emagazines-and-newspapers/

If you do get in, and have downloaded the app, tap the 3 bars in the top left (in the app) to access the menu, then click on magazines.

Hope you can find it. It’s worth it!

We’re gonna do this, Beekay! 

Found how to access via your previous post. Have to find my library card now. We used to have a mobile library van come round but now they just send somebody every six months to change the books they leave here. Will get back to you once I've sorted it. Once again, many thanks, Barrie. (Thanks for your input too CT.).