Computers in general

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Strange. This thread doesn't seem to have incurred the wrath of RR (so far).

I still have my Sinclair but no cassette recorder to it's really only a piece of junk in the cupboard.     BK if you need a MS (powerpoint, Excel) program look for Libreoffice or Freeof

All systems go.....got me Capitals   and me A's.....plus me Credentials all in tact......thanks y'all

40 minutes ago, HSR said:

Is it possible to use old software..roughly 2007 to 2012 on a windows 10 PC?

It depends on the software.

I have several games, one from the 90's that run on 10.

Create a VM and run an emulator?

All systems go.....got me Capitals   and me A's.....plus me Credentials all in tact......thanks y'all

• Like 2

If I remember right Pinnacle came free with somethig or other... so long ago now I forget. I still have the disc somehwere still in it's shrink wrap, it's never been opened.

On 11/6/2020 at 4:48 PM, radfordred said:

:biggrin: Sorry to disappoint @jonab I’m an Apple man so I don’t get any computer problems, you get what you pay for. 

I am considering getting an Apple as I have got increasingly fed up with the MS and Google domination and continued attempts to get more money out of me.

radfordred would you recommend?

Any tips?

Do you want a laptop (Macbook Air) or desktop (iMac)? It's normally a one year warranty but John Lewis give you two years. Whatever, it will work straight out of the box and you'll be delighted with it. As an alternative there is a Mac Mini where you supply your own monitor, keyboard and mouse. I have both a Mini and an iMac. My iMac is quite old now but still working fine. However the newer models are faster, more powerful and the screens are better. Cost will be circa £1,000, the Mini is cheaper. You can pay more for bigger screens and more power but the basic ones are more than enough for normal home use. We have three Macbooks  within the family both home and away. It comes complete with all the programs you're likely to need.

Loppy..Stick with what your familiar with..the plug in filters in Virtualdub were/are outstanding, watch TV edit's today..same Result.can smell a rat on 60's stuff! renovation. Samsung bought out one for their TV's .

• Like 1
21 hours ago, siddha said:

I am considering getting an Apple as I have got increasingly fed up with the MS and Google domination and continued attempts to get more money out of me.

radfordred would you recommend?

Any tips?

Add Parallels Desktop app, about £30, to a Mac which then enables you to run Windows side by side.