3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Worked on Church street Marsdens and Queen street Vernons  early 60s

The Queens Head almost opposite Vernons was a cracking pub a fine pint of Mansfield bitter. Alas the pub is no longer and according to the locals the beer now brewed in Burton is nothing like it used to be.

2 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

Went to Blidworth Bottoms once in 1964

Probably in the Fox and Hounds car park, in those days it was a Kimberley pub, didn't mind a pint of their mild. It appears that it has now become a sort of gastro pub like the Black Bull a former Shippo's pub at the top of Field Lane on the way back into the village

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shocking that Mansfield bought more to Notts yesterday than they get at their home games 4300 plus, filled the Jimmy Sirrel.    Later town was solid everyone was from Mansfield, first time s

Always liked Mansfield............ 1/ Was a Paige boy there about 1950... 2/ Worked on Church street Marsdens and Queen street Vernons  early 60s 3/ Courted Christine from Hibbert road.

crazy, I created this thread 15 years ago and can see comments have been made on it up until this year. I’m long past my modelling days that were being referred to in the earlier posts on here. Feelin

crazy, I created this thread 15 years ago and can see comments have been made on it up until this year. I’m long past my modelling days that were being referred to in the earlier posts on here. Feeling very nostalgic reading this and still residing in Mansfield. Posts like this are one of the little treasures the internet has to offer 

• Like 2