I don't know the answer to that. You might be able to for a certain period of time (maybe 20 minutes or so) but I don't think anyone's ever asked that before. 

The best thing to do would be make another post immediately after the one you want to cancel, and hope that someone with Moderator powers sees what's happening.

As Trogg says, that's what I've done in the past. You have to put something as you cannot post empty.

What ya bin up to AG, that ya need to cancel?  :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, AfferGorritt said:

I know you can edit a post, but can you actually cancel one?

Not after you press submit reply. As per Trogg if you catch it in the edit period all you can do is delete it - but you must post some thing so just enter   ...   or similar

• 5 months later...

Not sure if it's just me, but the 2 buttons at top right on the screen - Unread Content and Mark Site Read - don't work on my screen. The ones at the bottom of the page and all other buttons seem to work fine. Been like it since the latest facelift.

The last facelift was an interesting disaster. Various features stopped working on various systems.

Are you looking at it on a phone/tablet ?  I'm on a desktop and I've just clicked on the two buttons you mentioned, and they worked. That's the first time I've tried, but I won't bother using them again.

The software has a lot of useless features which nobody needs, but is lacking some basics which would be useful.

The last "update" was a disaster, it would not let me reply to posts. After buying a new tablet it will sometimes let me reply to posts but not PM's. I couldn't  see a problem with the old system, its down to Mick to contact the hosts, a few people have had problems or left the site.

• Like 1

I have problems pressing like , i have to double press quite a few times before it appears then sometimes it just wont budge. I feel  sometimes members think I'm ignoring the posts but the ones I really want to like or the ones I want to reply to I can't. I have an old ipad and one not so old so it depends which one i can get hold of first. If I get the wrong one I don't always remember I have to answer on the one thats not so old. If you follow me :wacko:

Do you use a mouse nonna? I've just ordered a new one, the microswitch on mine is faulty and needs several clicks to work.

Brew no , not if I'm using ipad but yes if I'm using laptop. I have to double click twice only on ipad. Maybe my fingers need a new microswitch.

• 2 years later...

Trying to message cliff ton......but it tells me to cancel some pre messages to him ...as i have used my space.......how do i cancel some messages?

Click on the envelope symbol at the top of the page.

You'll get a drop-down panel with 'Go to inbox' at the bottom.

Click on that, and you'll see a list of your PMs.

Tick the empty box on the left of various messages.

Thanks .......but no understand mate..........i'll leave it......just can't send any messages............

Kev, when I go on messages, I get the list and when I choose one, it opens and in the right hand top I get two choices= message list and options.

If I choose options, it gives me a choice, either 'turn notifications off' or 'delete conversation'.

Screenshot-20230719-191633-Chrome.jpg

Ben, look at the screenshot which BK has posted a couple of posts back (with his red circle).

In the top right corner you can see the envelope symbol. Do you see that on your screen ?

That's the one I was referring to in my earlier post., which enables you to clear your inbox.

Not got BK post..........top right hand corner of what?.........got no envelope signal....and when i press messages it just tells me i need to cancel some.......

20 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

The Nottstalgia females. They won't leave him alone!

Its always been my trouble Jill..........but the price has to be paid mi-duck.....:biggrin:

• Upvote 1
43 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Kev, when I go on messages, I get the list and when I choose one, it opens and in the right hand top I get two choices= message list and options.

If I choose options, it gives me a choice, either 'turn notifications off' or 'delete conversation'.

Screenshot-20230719-191633-Chrome.jpg

Yes, that's another way of deleting messages....which I'd not noticed.

The way I've always done it is to click on 'Message List', which gives a list of messages down the left-hand side; then choose one to delete it.

Cheers CT., that's the first time I've tried it your way and got rid of four groups in one shot. Never knew I could do it that way, I just found out by experimentation. Think I'll stick with your method, unless I only want to get rid of one conversation.

CT i dont get that top bit which says Nottingham Nottstalgia forums...or envelope and my name........so cant press to get options