Albert Brown !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To save blushes, a name has been tweaked …… In my younger days, I had the immense pleasure to be the object of the affections of a stunning young lady, whose parents ran several chip shops around

Bugger me!...on second thoughts!!

They'll have to wait their turn like everyone else Phil    Rog

Posted Images

I recall the name and bumped into him once I think - small in stature but big in reputation if I'm not mistaken

He was the Nottingham Quentin Crisp

He was a 'mate' of Stevie at the trip

(Mentioned elswhere here)

I wonder if hes still ticking?

Last saw him in about 1970

He was blonde and he was small. I remember meeting him on a darts night in a pub at Carlton. He took a shine to the landlord we had gone with, grabbing his arm and uttering the imortal words'Oooh , Hercules unchained'. the landlord never lived it down.

The pub was the General Havelock on Ronald Street in Radford and the landlord was Lol Lowe at the time.

A lips0

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

A story I heard circulating when he passed away was because he was gay no one wanted to touch him at the morgue,homophobic you think? ;)

Well, fairly easily, really, as he saw more pri**s 'come' and go than the 'KERPLUNK' factory gates; I personally wouldn't have touched his dead gay 4rse over a long-distance telphone even WITH a map of the local tides. In life I'm sure he was a fascinating bloke. In death - putrid via putrefaction. Most GAYS I know wouldn't have dreamed of touching the dead filthy object, either.

People amaze me. If they aren't filming coochy coochy health insurance telly adverts with a disgusting sh!t furred cr4p paddled flea warehouse of a cat running over the hinterground kitchen worktops, then they're promoting, selling and deifying people like Freddy Mercury, who by his own admission, didn't give a Damn who he did in the midst of an aids pandemic.

Also by the way - by his OWN admission - he didn't care if he got aids! Now, that don't take a long equation to surmise that - errant to this rare brand of cavalier insouciance - he neither cared whom he transmitted it to, either; and he was getting through twenty blokes per week at peak production!

What a model philantropist of our age! And yet I can never recall ANYONE pulling up this point.

Rest in peace Albert, but - tell you what - I wouldn't wish my dead body on anyone squeamish, either, me old son!

• Upvote 2

Yes your quite right Ilko.

I visit many abodes in my Job, and have visited some which I can say...

"the only thing that did not stink of cat P***, was the cat!

Just wipe yer feet on the way out.

Perhaps he uses that tone because his command of the English language is not as good as he thinks it is.

I think if you cannot say what you think without using profanities then keep your mouth tightly shut...

A ;)

• 9 years later...

Albert was just one of many, many characters that frequented Yates's, he was just the most obvious!!!

I tried busking in there, me on guitar and a fiddler, jigs, reels and slow airs, no one seemed to notice, we played a few tunes then James the fiddler played a slow air and I went round with the pint pot, they had noticed and filled the pot with coins and stuffed a couple of notes down my jumper! we went out and across the square to The Trip and tried the same routine playing a the tree in the garden, it was a bit nerve racking, the place was full of bikers, but we filled a pint pot again!

Wow, a thread where many of the members have passed on.

Yep, I knew him, not personally mind you. When I started at the ROF some of the more street wise kids explained he was best avoided and definitely shouldn't be touched. There was another one used to make a nuisance of himself around town called John the w****r but that's another story.

WOW !!!!! - Who is Albert Brown, am I missing something here ?.......

When we used to go into town as teenagers, my mum used to say "and you lot keep away from that Albert Brown" never realised what she meant at first then in later years we used to see him in Yates doing his thing, yes he was very camp.