Christmas Covid rules

Basically it means you can do whatever you like. Many of the misguided will do so anyway and the police want a seasonal break from arresting people. Some clown in Forest Town was arrested for holding a hot tub party! This is going to mean an enormous leap in January infections. Fortunately I’ve already buried my granny, so nothing to worry about there then!

They can not win, if they had not relaxed the rules, the rebels would ignore it anyway & the lockdown lovers would still moan, if you need wait to be told how to keep you & your family safe, there really is not much hope for you :crazy:

It’s a question of relying on people's common sense but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of that around. Scientific advisers and the BMA have warned that the relaxation will cost lives and risk a third lockdown in January and hospital chiefs have said it is premature. However the Government believes families’ needs for contact outweighs this. Many would have ignored any lockdown rules anyway and it can’t be policed. We’re personally not going to push our luck here now that there’s a vaccine on the horizon. The virus doesn’t know it’s Christmas.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, radfordred said:

But what if the vaccines worse than COVID :Shock:  No thanks

C'mon RR you can do better than that...    ;)

• Like 2

It's more and more highly unlikely that we will be able to make it up to Notts., 2nd weekend in December. The virus won't suddenly disappear after Boris's lockdown finishes. We appear to be moving to highest on the Covid chart. Swale was highest in the country and that's moving to Wealden area , which is the next council area to us. Gotta admit, I'm a bit running scared, what with us both being in "Highly Vunerable" category. Still hoping though.

Interesting read for anyone who can manage more than two lines of text.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

10 hours ago, radfordred said:

But what if the vaccines worse than COVID :Shock:  No thanks

From:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

• Like 1

So it’s been knocking round since 2009 & they’ve put a different label on it, I’ve never had the flu jab, but I’ve never had flu. 

You are very lucky RR. I've had flue several times but not since I started to have the jab 4 years ago.

Looking forwards to getting the Covid jab. Being over 80 I should be one of the first after front line workers.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, radfordred said:

So it’s been knocking round since 2009 & they’ve put a different label on it, I’ve never had the flu jab, but I’ve never had flu. 

If you've based that on the link I provided. . .then you have misread it.

Re: Flu. Completely different species of virus and completely different approach to vaccines 

Not really clear yet here but it may be that Merseyside is tier 2 now.

Makes no difference to me. I volunteered for Tier 4 last Feb and I'm staying in it till I get the jab.

What do you rate my chances then Phil, of getting to Thoresby? Must admit, I don't know where I am with it all. Things seem to change daily. One day, shut yourself away then next day, it's okay, you can mix, but then shut down again.

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

I’ve never had the flu jab, but I’ve never had flu. 

So based on a population sample of one we can say statistically inoculations and vaccinations are uneccessary and a waste of time...

• Like 4

Thing is Phil, they've not said owt yet. I'm wondering if they're waiting to see what happens after the 2nd.Dec.Still getting emails informing me what's on offer and saying it's not too late to book etc.

Thanks Phil, however, have just received an email from Warner telling me they are high risk tier 3. So the choice has been made for me. They have cancelled my holiday and will be in touch, as to what my preferences will be. So sadly, we won't be coming to Nottingham in December. 

Mary1947, if you read this, sorry, maybe next year!

Margie, still hoping for coffee, April next year.