• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

So sorry that you had such a scary time with Chris last night, but pleased he’s  home again now.   It must have been horrible not being able to go with him in the ambulance.   I hope his breathing will soon get easier and that your energy levels will rise as well.   Love to you both xx

Thankyou all. 

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Ps is anyone able to keep an eye on you?

We have had a lot of offers of help. Daughter is cooking daily to tempt us to eat, more often than not, we put it in the fridge until next day. Messages getting to us to phone neighbours for any reason. I think it took a few days for people to realise we haven't been seen cycling for a while. We are blessed with good neighbours and caring family. 

• Like 9

Carni.. I was thinking about you and Chris while I was jet washing the back patio today...

I'm sure that means you are both getting better.

Love from Col and family.

Carni , this virus is affecting us all in one way or another. I know we are all thinking about you and wish you both a speedy recovery. The awful thing about this is we don't have any physical contact with those near and dear. You are very lucky to have neighbours who are watching over you and of course your daughter who cooks for you. Giving her a hug is impossible but I'm sure she can feel one from you. I see my daughter every day but as she is in contact with her business partner ( ex husband who remarried and has children) she is taking no chances and wears her mask and stays a distance from us. Hard not to give her a kiss and hug, but she insists she's only doing what she has to do. So Carni I know exactly how you feel, she's your daughter and you are her mum, the virus shouldn't intervene but it has. Keep thinking positive and try to relax even if that's hard to do. Everything will turn out well. Love and hugs to you both.

Basically it means you can do whatever you like. Many of the misguided will do so anyway and the police want a seasonal break from arresting people. Some clown in Forest Town was arrested for holding a hot tub party! This is going to mean an enormous leap in January infections. Fortunately I’ve already buried my granny, so nothing to worry about there then!

One thing I have noticed is that there isn’t anything about the virus in schools on the news. Nottinghamlive has a list of schools that have reported outbreaks in Nottinghamshire (over 90 and counting) but there doesn’t seem to be any statistics nationally or local breakdowns (Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire etc.). There seem to be statistics for everything else but not this. 

It’s a question of relying on people's common sense but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of that around. Scientific advisers and the BMA have warned that the relaxation will cost lives and risk a third lockdown in January and hospital chiefs have said it is premature. However the Government believes families’ needs for contact outweighs this. Many would have ignored any lockdown rules anyway and it can’t be policed. We’re personally not going to push our luck here now that there’s a vaccine on the horizon. The virus doesn’t know it’s Christmas.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, radfordred said:

But what if the vaccines worse than COVID :Shock:  No thanks

C'mon RR you can do better than that...    ;)

• Like 2

It's more and more highly unlikely that we will be able to make it up to Notts., 2nd weekend in December. The virus won't suddenly disappear after Boris's lockdown finishes. We appear to be moving to highest on the Covid chart. Swale was highest in the country and that's moving to Wealden area , which is the next council area to us. Gotta admit, I'm a bit running scared, what with us both being in "Highly Vunerable" category. Still hoping though.

Interesting read for anyone who can manage more than two lines of text.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

10 hours ago, radfordred said:

But what if the vaccines worse than COVID :Shock:  No thanks

From:  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55041371?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

• Like 1

You are very lucky RR. I've had flue several times but not since I started to have the jab 4 years ago.

Looking forwards to getting the Covid jab. Being over 80 I should be one of the first after front line workers.

• Like 2