4 hours ago, radfordred said:

So it’s been knocking round since 2009 & they’ve put a different label on it, I’ve never had the flu jab, but I’ve never had flu. 

If you've based that on the link I provided. . .then you have misread it.

Re: Flu. Completely different species of virus and completely different approach to vaccines 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.   I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear a

I really wish that more people were afraid. For their own safety.    I don't think anyone who hasn't witnessed in reality a person down on their hands and knees gasping  with a chest full of

Am in total dismay at the human race. It's becoming more like Mad Max at the moment.        This me me society we have created cares only about themselves: I'm alright Jack, the rest of you can f

Posted Images

Not really clear yet here but it may be that Merseyside is tier 2 now.

Makes no difference to me. I volunteered for Tier 4 last Feb and I'm staying in it till I get the jab.

What do you rate my chances then Phil, of getting to Thoresby? Must admit, I don't know where I am with it all. Things seem to change daily. One day, shut yourself away then next day, it's okay, you can mix, but then shut down again.

5 hours ago, radfordred said:

I’ve never had the flu jab, but I’ve never had flu. 

So based on a population sample of one we can say statistically inoculations and vaccinations are uneccessary and a waste of time...

• Like 4

Thing is Phil, they've not said owt yet. I'm wondering if they're waiting to see what happens after the 2nd.Dec.Still getting emails informing me what's on offer and saying it's not too late to book etc.

Thanks Phil, however, have just received an email from Warner telling me they are high risk tier 3. So the choice has been made for me. They have cancelled my holiday and will be in touch, as to what my preferences will be. So sadly, we won't be coming to Nottingham in December. 

Mary1947, if you read this, sorry, maybe next year!

Margie, still hoping for coffee, April next year.

An absurd side effect of the restrictions.

Apparently, if you go into a pub which serves a 'substantial meal', once you've finished eating your substantial meal you have to leave the building. You can't sit around chatting for an hour with a drink; that breaks the rules.

Either have another substantial meal, or leave.

This was my substantial meal when I watched Manchester United v Arsenal game beginning of November in the city center, the waitress said just leave it there, we stayed all day, I never touched it? 

On the Saturday Pork Pie & salad £1 with your drinks, told to just leave it on the table, chucked it for the pigeons when we left.

ElwQHb_XYAI7BtW?format=jpg&name=large

Margie is right. I keep popping in to see how you all are. Thankyou all so much for your posts.

I'm afraid we are not very well the pair of us. This must be the 'Long Covid' that we hear about because we seem to make an improvement and then  drop right back again. Which is where we are now. I have had to go back to bed and Chris is downstairs horizontal on the sofa. I like the peace and quiet , and he likes to be where the tele is. We will eventually get over this but for now we have no energy or umph between us.

First thing on my day and last thing at night, I check you all out to see what you are up to, and throughout the day I like to know If I am missing anything. 

I never thought anything would put me off my beloved cream cakes/sweeties, but this bloomin' virus has  certainly  made my sweet taste so strong I can't eat sweet stuff at all.

I just want to add, Covid 19 is a horrible illness in many ways, but to have two people ill in the same house with it, who feel that bad they can't help the other one is awful. Anyway to you all, take care and I know this is a long post, but again, if it puts just one of you off taking a risk, it's worth it.xxx

• Like 18

Sorry to hear you are still feeling unwell Carni. Be strong ( in mind if not in body). It's a terrible virus that has affected people in many different ways. You'll shake it off soon and meanwhile stay safe and warm. We are all thinking and rooting for you. ( rooting ? Spelling, but you know what I mean)

• Like 1

And I'll be some distance behind you, RR. Provided those who had it earlier are still alive, kicking and unharmed. It's amazing how many nurses I've spoken to aren't aware of what happened when the polio vaccine was rushed out in the USA. It's more than half a century ago but it scares me. :blink:

For those that are undecided about having the jab, please ask yourself this - If I don't have the jab, am I putting others at risk and am I prepared to do nothing to minimise the prevalence of the disease?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
3 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

For those that are undecided about having the jab, please ask yourself this - If I don't have the jab, am I putting others at risk and am I prepared to do nothing to minimise the prevalence of the disease?

The flu vaccine is a new one every year, so the covid one presents no greater risk. So much experience and research goes into everything we take, it shouldn't worry us.

In the last 6 months I've had the jabs for flu and pneumonia, a tetanus booster and currently on a five year programme of six monthly injections in the stomach as part of the Orion 4 project to try out a new diabetes treatment. Feeling a bit like a pin cushion. If no one signed up for these, no new stuff, however cleverly produced, would get out to people. having these jabs is a mixture of blind faith and the feeling that, hell - I''ve got to die of something at some point!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It’s interesting to see that Tesco are paying back their business rates relief as supermarkets have been open throughout the lockdown and have done good business. The other supermarkets have now been forced to take the same line. I bet they’re not too happy about Tesco forcing the situation.