Spice girls video - Nottingham?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Sleaford Mods video was made by James Turner who is a big friend of my son. Here's another video made in Nottingham by Fraser Lowrie who is the son of one of MozMicDawn's drummers. http://youtu.

Could be right sure looks like the five spice girls Ginger Mel B & C Baby the other one are indeed traveling on a Nottingham bus? Where's our bus experts?    

Seem to have lost a bit in my last post. Looks to be an ex NCT Atlantean. Apparently the video was shot at the hotel next to St Pancras.

• 5 months later...

You can't see it very well on the youtube video, I think there's a bit more before that one starts, but Ive always thought that the entrance to the hoel looked rather like the Victoria Hotel.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I noticed this when it first came out and commented on it at the time. Certainly looks like a notts bus. ZIG-a-Zig-AAAHHHH

Sniffadawg

• 1 month later...

BUMP

I do know that this video was supposedly shot in one long continuous take but what that proves is beyond me but it does look like the Victoria Club although its not a hill out side when they leave I think it must have been a second hand bus used as a prop!!!!!!

;)

At the begining of the link it says st Pancras Grande Hotel!!! and I didn't see a joint at all

;)

I passed the Midland Grand Hotel at St Pancras yesterday while I was down in the smoke. The scaffolding is starting to come down now but it doesn't appear that they have cleaned then outside.

Such a shame as it's a magnificent building - arcitecturally that is.

MidlandGrand.jpg

• 1 year later...

Why ? (It aint footage of Nott'm , The Grande hotel ,where this filmed, is in London)

• 2 months later...

A NOTTS bus which featured in the Spice Girls movies has fetched £3,600 on an internet auction site.

The iconic Union Jack painted double decker, which appeared in Spiceworld: The Movie in 1997, attracted two bids on ebay.

The listing reads: "Originally built to the order of the East Midlands company for services in Nottinghamshire, this bus was eventually acquired for use as a film prop in the Spice Girls film, being driven by Meat Loaf."

The bus was given to the film company in 1989.

But only its exterior appears on screen, with the inside shots being filmed in a studio.

auction closed shortly before 1pm today. The starting bid was £3,500 .

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPICEWORLD-THE-MOVIE...id=p3286.c0.m14

Not a Bad Price, shame its not green and cream!

Any idea where those pictures were taken, it looks like an interesting place.

In the first picture, I can't make out the reg but the bus on the left is a Bristol Lodekka, a type operated by Midland General, no doubt by many other companies too, but it would be nice to think I may have once caught it as the E1 into town.

Old NCT double deckers used to turn up all over the place down in this part of the world, there was a company in Suffolk, Chambers I think it was, who used to operate them in NCT colours with just the name painted out, it would be a bit wierd to be driving through a pretty Suffolk village, say Lavenham, and see an NCT liveried double decker coming at you on the school run.

Interesting, looking at the E-bay entry, if it appeared at the World Scout Jamboree last year, well that was local to us at Chelmsford, however the telephone code is Chepstow, a very long way from here, so where's this poor bus been living I wonder.

Do you also notice that it seems to have aquired a new panel on the front.

• 2 years later...

John Cooper Clarke got all potty mouthed !!....................jumping.gif

• 3 years later...

I have no idea why but seems to be an anomaly of this site .

If on a tablet ,tap on the video and you should see the share button . 3 linked dots ?

Tap on it and use the url from that . Seems to work !