Nottm City Council bankruptcy

8 hours ago, MargieH said:

Playing devils advocate here…

what’s wrong with parking at a tram terminus instead of driving into the centre - free if you have your bus pass.  

Lincolnshire bus pass not accepted by Nottingham trams Margie

Rog

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm inclined to think the Council's bankruptcy is down to plain old-fashioned incompetence rather than a conspiracy.

You are allowed to get a reduced rate ticket on the tram if you have a non-Notts bus pass - £3.50 a day IIRC.

Certainly incompetence within the Nottingham City Council Phil.  Since Labour took over control of the Council 30 odd years ago there have been numerous financially disastrous decisions imposed on the

Nor our Cambs bus passes….. I was only thinking of the people on here who have Notts bus passes when I made my previous part about using the tram.  When we are visiting Nottingham we often use the buses and our passes are accepted on them.

Compared with the hourly bus service in our village, it is great not having to wait very long for one to arrive. (And I love the different colours)

• Like 1

If you come to Nottingham you can get a pay as you go card or you can get a day ticket for bus/tram/RHL for £6 00                                           RHL Robin Hood Line  (train)  which goes to Hucknall.Newstead Sutton in Ashfield and more.

8 minutes ago, mary1947 said:

If you come to Nottingham you can get a pay as you go card or you can get a day ticket for bus/tram/RHL for £6 00                                           RHL Robin Hood Line  (train)  which goes to Hucknall.Newstead Sutton in Ashfield and more.

more stops Bulwell, Kirkby in Ashfield , Sutton Parkway ,Mansfield woodhouse,  Shirebrook,  Langworth  , Cresswell,  Whitwell, Terminating at Worksop.

• Like 1

I think the day passes for the tram are good value, I've been on all the routes just for the experience and really enjoyed every mile and thought it was money well spent, Edinburgh trams are on a par with the Notts one until you go to the end of the line to the airport then the price rises quite a bit

Rog

I think part of the problem with the trams is non payment. Every time I’ve seen an inspector get on the tram, within the first few they check they collar someone for no ticket. I’d wager 25% plus don’t pay and chance it. It’s not often you see the inspectors either.

• Like 1

I've never used the tram but is it really possible to get on it and not pay?  I remember travelling on the tram in Vienna in the early 1980s and being astounded that it was left up to the honesty of passengers to put their fare in the slot. Perhaps they are more honest than the British?

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

I've never used the tram but is it really possible to get on it and not pay?  

Very easy....not that I've done it.

It depends entirely on the passenger's honesty; you have to buy a ticket from a machine on the platform before you start your journey (unless you are very old). I suspect that a large number of younger passengers never buy a ticket; they assume/hope they won't get caught.....and probably have a 90+% success rate.

I've seen people hop on and off within a couple of stops using it as an alternative to walking; I'll bet they don't have a ticket.

The percentage who don't pay must be well into double figures.

On 12/16/2023 at 12:21 PM, MargieH said:

@notty ash- I didn’t know that!  Thanks for the information.  Is it easy to buy a reduced fare ticket from the machine?  

Yes, the fares are all displayed on the screen. The reduced fare is bottom left in the displayed list. You don't actually need to use your pass to buy the ticket, just pay cash or credit/debit card/phone

1 hour ago, notty ash said:

Yes, the fares are all displayed on the screen. The reduced fare is bottom left in the displayed list. You don't actually need to use your pass to buy the ticket, just pay cash or credit/debit card/phone

Thanks for that - we are a bit useless with ticket machines!