I  remember it well, I passed by many times when walking to Bunny bluebell woods. No idea why  the sign was there but over several yeasr I never saw any signs of life or occupancy.

Absolutely no idea.... sorry.  Around 1966..we had a phase of going to the Packe Arms in Bunny and getting helplessly inebriated.. but beyond that my knowledge of the area is somewhat cloudy...  in fact including that my knowledge of the area is..etc..

I rarely went through Bunny years ago, in fact I rarely go through there nowadays but a good friend of ours, a 90 year old who lived in Bunny for many years, has no recollection of the property at all.  I really thought he could shed light on the query, sorry. 

I'm AMAZED he can't recollect it, it stuck out like a sore thumb and looked more like a night club than a private residence. Just shows how AMAZINGLY little notice  people have of their surroundings...

I’m AMAZED too.  Although he’s 90 he’s still running a business and looks the biz, always very well dressed, no dinner down his jumper sort o’ thing, although his wife (my best friend for the past 50 years) is 20 years younger than him.    
Something that made me laugh about him recently though ...... he went to the Hearing Clinic (or whatever it’s called) and the doctor asked him how long he’d had a problem with his hearing. He replied “Since 1948 when I joined the Navy”  

Interesting, this. I now remember the building and its sign very well although it had slipped my recent memory. I often saw the sign when on my way to visit my granny (who lived in Rempstone) from the window of the Nottingham to Loughborough Trent bus. This would have been in the 1950s - early 60s.

I was about to try to contact an ex-colleague (from my days working at HATRA) named Jack Smurfitt. He ran the company library, a real bookworm who, on retirement, took up the post of archivist (or similar) for Bunny, Ruddington, Costock, Hoton etc. Unfortunately he died a few years ago.

So, thanks Lizzie!

The house was large, painted white and the neon sign was blue and curvy. I first saw it aged about 10 or 11and due to the shape of the sign thought it must mean memories of the sea, (before Dr Chapman failed miserably to teach me French). To the right hand side were balustrades that I presume walled a patio style area although the word patio was unknown to me at that time.

Later when I learned what the sign meant I thought there had to be a tale to be told, though as I said I always assumed the occupant was male.

Fascinating thread, this!

I'm having some difficulty in placing the house from the Google maps as my view was always quite fleeting, travelling as a smallish child on the upper deck of a bus.

Something I do recall is that the house was on the left going towards Loughborough as I had to rush to the other side of the bus to check if the clock on Bunny church was actually working (only very rarely).