• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G'mornin' ya'll   Finally got on the laptop.  The whole header of NS is only half there.  Probably why I can't find the three dots.   More positive notes.  I am reading this withou

I've been searching on my Ipad and laptop for those three dots.  Can't find 'em anywhere. I have pretty much given up on NS for posting.  I can read your posts, even give likes but I cannot post

Eye-up Y'all   I am on my laptop so thought I would just say Hi.   I am having all the same issues on my Ipad that Nonna mentioned.  It is an old version of Ios 9.4 to be exact, bu

Yes my first one did that too until one cartridge " the yellow one " got stuck. It had probably had enough of cheapies. My son bought a new printer about the same time as I did . Same make and model. Got them set up and first print job didn't work. Minutes later the intercom buzzed and my daughter in law said " I think these are yours." Minutes later again pages were printed with things I didn't understand. They were my grand daughters homework from school. We now have sorted it out. :jumping:

12 hours ago, oldphil said:

tried this with my Cannon, and it worked!

Thanks oldphil, before I try this I will go and check with my cartridge supplier to see if he will take the non genuine ones back if they don't work otherwise I will be further out of pocket.

Interestingly the shop I get them from is consistently cheaper than anywhere else I can get them even on line.

I've a older Epson XP235 printer and use economy replacement cartridges, currently using Stinky... which prints in colour very well on my PC (win 10) system.

The other well known online brand of economy cartridges who's name I have forgotten also worked well.

I would not pay genuine ink cartridge prices that cost more by volume than Chanel perfume or quality Champaign! 

Having bought a new Canon printer just before xmas, I had a look at ink prices (although I'm a very low-mileage user and won't be needing any for a very long time).

Official Canon inks - for a pack of Colour and Black, the price is greater than I paid for the printer itself !

When I run out of ink, it would be cheaper to buy another new printer !!

I think that many people are duped into buying official inks. The ‘copiers’ are well able to convince the machine software that they are originals. I’ve been using copy cartridges from Internet Inks for years with no loss in print and colour quality. No doubt, like everything else, they are made in China. Probably in the same factories as the genuine articles!

1 hour ago, Cliff Ton said:

When I run out of ink, it would be cheaper to buy another new printer !!

That's why many new printers have only a tiny amount of ink to start  you off and at least one company I know of give the printer for free if you buy two full sets of cartridges...

The problem I’ve had with inkjet printers is that I don’t print very much and when I wanted to print it was almost invariably clogged and would need the print head cleaning routine performing time after time. I found photo prints would fade quite quickly and within a year be hopeless.

When my last Epson printer gave up I bought a cheap Brother laser. Mono only but fast, reliable and very cheap to run. I’ve only recently replaced the toner that it came with. Any colour prints I get done at a shop or Mail order. It’s relatively cheap, the quality is better that your likely to achieve and they don’t fade.

Diverting a little from printer issues, anyone had problems with downloading Microsoft Word, Excel updates from earlier versions?  I've tried and with so many others gave up!

Look no further .

Go to Microsoft Store - look for an app called Neat Office, (Word, Excel etc) and download it for free.

Any old Excel or word files that are un-openable, open in this app format.

Whoopee!

5 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I think a lot of people are just too cautious to buy non standard cartridges. It’s similar to those who go back to the dealership to get the Adblu topped up in their diesel cars.

I agree Phil, I don’t buy the genuine ink cartridges for our HP printer anymore, but my problem presently is that a couple of the colours are almost empty and also the printer was playing up a bit a few weeks ago, although it’s ok at the moment.  I know it will suddenly stop printing when just one ink is empty. Do I get a new printer and throw away the unused full cartridges I have in the cupboard or order a new set of inks and hope the printer continues.  I’m pleased I don’t have anything more to worry about than printer inks though! 
And another ink issue for me, our printer in Poole will have been sitting idle for months by the time we’re allowed back there and the inks will have dried up.  
I wish I could take a leaf out of RR’s book and use a local print shop but we still use our printer most days. 

When my daughter was trying to print stuff for her final collection and exhibition for her degree in Fashion.. she naturally had a printer failure the night before final deadline for a few things.  I spoke to my neighbour who is a bit of a P.C. wizz and he said, "get her to send me the files and I'll print them, come over and I'll give them to you".

So... a little while later I went over there and he was printing Stef's pictures onto A4 sized photo paper.  They were coming out 'full on' glossy, just like a high quality glossy photo print.

He was using a printer with  bottles of ink attached to the printer head by flexible pipes.  I said I'd give him some cash towards the costs and he told me the ink was about a fiver a litre and not to worry.  That was back in 2008 and as far as I know he is still using the same printer.

I think it is a Hewlett Packard. It's called continuous Ink Feed and isn't madly expensive from what I can see.

I almost bought something very similar myself a couple of years ago, as I'd like to be able to do 'proper' prints of my photos.  But 'Er Imndoors oaned so much about us already haviing a working printer.. I didn't bother.