This is so annoying. I have to go back to “home” after I have read/posted an item, then go to owt abaaht nowt, then to the headings list to get to another place. Getting exhausting:Shock:

• Like 2
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G'mornin' ya'll   Finally got on the laptop.  The whole header of NS is only half there.  Probably why I can't find the three dots.   More positive notes.  I am reading this withou

I've been searching on my Ipad and laptop for those three dots.  Can't find 'em anywhere. I have pretty much given up on NS for posting.  I can read your posts, even give likes but I cannot post

Eye-up Y'all   I am on my laptop so thought I would just say Hi.   I am having all the same issues on my Ipad that Nonna mentioned.  It is an old version of Ios 9.4 to be exact, bu

For anyone who hasn't experienced it, this is the what the new design looks like on an Android phone. No sign of my avatar; nowhere to log in/out; no place for notifications; no envelope for PMs.

kLnK4qt.jpg

Fortunately, it's all ok on my iMac. But as a piece of web design, it's worse than useless.

• Like 3

It's true !

I hadn't gone so far down the list of options to get to the Desktop option. I'd clicked on the 3 dots but they appeared to be related to the browser rather than the website.

It's a daft that something as fundamental as that is buried deep in the menu.

Bless you, CT, Enigma and Roger Peatman. With your help I  finally got control of my Galaxy tab8.  Using your recommendation of clicking on three dots and opting for "Desktop site". 

Well done boys, thank you.

I've been searching on my Ipad and laptop for those three dots.  Can't find 'em anywhere.

I have pretty much given up on NS for posting.  I can read your posts, even give likes but I cannot post on my Ipad. I'm presently on laptop.  The only way I can post.

I am at a loss to understand how so called I T guys at a hosting site can make such a monumental mess of a so called upgrade.

I'll bark when I can, but I guess for now I'll just be mostly whining.

Happy New Year y'all.

Dave.

• Like 6

The three dots are here - to the right of the number 1 in a box.   Click on the dots and you'll get a load of options; you may have to scroll down to find the one named Desktop.

kLnK4qt.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Desktop view changes nowt!

Nothing changes at all ?   I get what I see on my iMac, albeit very small. 

I haven’t got the 3 dots as I have nothing above the blue banner. I can still post, give likes and navigate round the site although it does involve quite a few steps. Sometimes have to close site and reopen to get to Days posts. 
Might charge up my old laptop to see if that is any better Although I prefer to use my iPad.

Yet another SNAFU upgrade. I guess these guys do not do any quality control testing before they release an upgrade.

I use the right side scroll bar to go right to the bottom of the listings as as the "unread content " icon works there unlike the one at the top of the page. What is the go with the "history"bar down the side of the posts? totally irrelevant. 

As is usual the search function remains about as much use as a chocolate firescreen

When I first saw the information about the three black dots, I thought the developers were right after all - and we were the idiots.

Now we get evidence that the three dots don't solve all the problems, and it really is true that the developers hadn't checked everything before releasing it to the world at large.

On my Galaxy8, the line right at the top, above the nottstalgia logo, there an info line telling what your on and in the right hand top corner there is no page icon, then the 'share' symbol then the three dots.

The only trouble is once closed, when I   re open I have to click on desk top sight every time. It won't stay on that screen.

20201228-163543.jpg

It's  where the crude red circle is LL.

• Like 1

G'mornin' ya'll

Finally got on the laptop.  The whole header of NS is only half there.  Probably why I can't find the three dots.

More positive notes.  I am reading this without glasses!   Had my second cataract surgery on Monday a.m.  The difference is amazing.  Everything is much clearer and brighter.  Colours look like new.  Gotta use drops for the next couple of weeks and see my own eye doctor on Monday for followup, but I can live with that.

If your eye doctor ever recommends this surgery don't hesitate.  It works great and is less uncomfortable than a visit to the dentist.  My appointment was at 6:30 a.m and I was home by 9:30 a.m.  Wish I'd had it done a couple of years ago.

Anyway, hope I will soon be able to post from my Ipad again.  Don't use it much now except to post to NS.

• Like 10

Good news Loppy ! Glad to hear your sights improved. Hope your glasses can stay in your pocket now. Maybe it's  a sign for a better year for you. Take care mate. B.

• Like 1