Someone has just sent me a personal message. I suspect it's susannahanorak. Since the new format has been instigated, I cannot access personal messages.  If you're reading this, sender, please post in the normal way as, otherwise, I can't communicate with you.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G'mornin' ya'll   Finally got on the laptop.  The whole header of NS is only half there.  Probably why I can't find the three dots.   More positive notes.  I am reading this withou

I've been searching on my Ipad and laptop for those three dots.  Can't find 'em anywhere. I have pretty much given up on NS for posting.  I can read your posts, even give likes but I cannot post

Eye-up Y'all   I am on my laptop so thought I would just say Hi.   I am having all the same issues on my Ipad that Nonna mentioned.  It is an old version of Ios 9.4 to be exact, bu

Re: the multiple problems caused by the recent update.

A few days ago, this new member registered on Nottstalgia. IPS is the company who are responsible for the software - and therefore the mess. I wonder if this person has been back to see what's happening, and if they've got anything to tell us about plans to fix the bits that don't work.

dQLFW2C.jpg

An hour or so ago, CT, I found myself in a strange place called an Inbox where I could read all my PMs! Never been there before. Spent the last half an hour trying to get there again  with b*gger all success.

I can send PMs by clicking on other people's little blue envelopes in their profiles. Just can't access their replies.

I'd tell you what I think of this upgrade but I don't use language like that!

• Like 1

Just to continue and confirm....the upgrade is still causing problems and difficulties for several people.

iPads seem to suffer most - Denshaw can't use his to post here, and Loppy had problems with it.

I emailed Invision and, as expected, I've had no reply from them. They cocked it up and then left everyone to suffer.

• Like 2

The iPad issue is down to the fact that this latest software update is not designed to run on out of date iOS devices.

I know this because I have an old iPad2 which is no longer supported for Apple updates making it virtually unusable for large parts of the internet - this site and many others included.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I emailed Invision and, as expected, I've had no reply from them. They cocked it up and then left everyone to suffer.

Within the last hour I've had a reply from them, and it's the same as I had last time I tried to do something.   In order to obtain support, please submit a ticket from your client area, or an email associated with your client license. 

That's that then.

• Like 1

This page is now a classic example of what I'm moaning about.

When I logged on all the previous post's were missing.  I posted a response on the laptop now the response is missing.

Maybe it will show up again.

My response said, essentially.

The internet is mostly accessible to all computers.  Yes, my Ipad is an older version of IOS.  My car is twenty years old but can still be driven on roads built in the last five years.

My laptop runs a more recent version of Linux but it too has problems.  Top banner cut off.  Missing Icons for p.ms etc. text editor slower than molasses.

This is the only internet site I have a problem with on any machine.

Invision needs to get their act together before uploading such a major change.  They also need better follow-up.

• Like 1

I don't think Invision understand the concept of Software Quality Control.

Even the most basic testing would have found the problems everyone is having.

I hope those who pay to run this site for us were not charged for this shoddy "upgrade"

• Like 1

We've established that the problem is down to the fact that the software update doesn't take into account any older/earlier iPad operating systems.

It might be possible to improve things if you're able to upgrade your iPad software. 

Do a Search for Which iPad can still be updated.  You'll find out if there's any chance of fixing the problem.

• Like 1

But what happens if you DON'T own an iPad?

Mine is a Galaxy tab8. Can't afford the luxury of an iPad.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, roger peatman said:

Unfortunately, in this day and age, you either embrace the technological evolution or you get left behind - it is of course a free choice.

I'm sure you are correct Roger.

I know my Ipad is past its best before date and no longer receives updates.  Not a bad thing because some of Apples updates caused issues in the past.

Thing is, it's not just Ipads.  As I noted yesterday my laptop has issues with it.  Bk's Galaxy tab is causing him problems.

I am using the 'old school theme'.   Icons are there but invisible against the background colour scheme.  That is not the Ipad or Linux's fault.  Just a careless choice of colouring on the part of the developers.

The Ipad wasn't cheap to start with and I'm not throwing good money after bad just to view a badly planned upgrade.

Not ranting at you Roger.  Just a bit tired of being unable to make a quick response to some good comments.

As we used to say, I guess the attitude of invision is like it or lump it.

I have 2 iPads pads , one is 8 yrs old and the other, which was my mums and never used it is only about 4 yrs old. My older one is getting very slow and occasionally has problems and I can't reply. All I get at the end of a post is a thin double line that's looks as though it needs extending length ways. Usually if I have anything to say or reply I have to go back to my other iPad but then I can't "like" a post without having to press loads of times and then it still doesn't post. So folks who expect a reply or "like" and don't get them it's not that I don't care , it's just that the iPad won't let me and sorry sometimes I'm just a bit lazy and can't be bothered to get my laptop or it's discharged. Apart from that I am getting used to it and up til now they are the only complaints I have. ( apart from this virus and having to watch where I go and more often than not stay at home ):rulez:

Happy stayathome holidays to everyone. Stay safe because it's important.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello, Tis me ag hen. Would anyone know why my notifications are not lighting up on the bell  at top of the page to alert me. and why my notifications are going through onto my E Mails. Have I pressed summat weaaght knowing. I cudus?

Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated. :)

It's all a great mystery to everyone. It seems as though each user has a different set of problems and symptoms, so the answer to one is useless to another.

What are you using ?   eg phone, laptop, desktop etc      At least you are seeing the bell for notifications - that's more than some people !

As for the email thing........

if you can get your avatar top right > click on it > Account Settings > Other Settings...Notification Settings >

See if you can make changes there. But I can't guarantee it will work.

I have clicked cancel all E Mail Notifications, I will see what happens, also clicked on the notification Bell, so I.ll see what happens there anawl. Thanks Miduck,will let you know the outcome of my adventures!

Things have changed in the last couple of hours- the avatars on my phone are now circular whereas they were previously square.  It’ s still difficult to access pm s on here.

However, the iPad seems to have become more accessible than previously and I can see the bell and the envelope at the top now, but there’s still only a grey circle to ‘like’ a post and no upvote alternative.

Somebody has done something somewhere and it’s not all bad!

Eye-up Y'all

I am on my laptop so thought I would just say Hi.

I am having all the same issues on my Ipad that Nonna mentioned.  It is an old version of Ios 9.4 to be exact, but my contention is that this should not affect my interaction with a website to the extent that I cannot even post.  It doesn't with any other I use.

That is why you are not hearing much from me I almost always use the Ipad each day and I'm not buying another right now.

I find with the Ipad that if I switch the theme from 'Old school' to 'default'  the update function at the top of the page and bottom works.  I can also see the icons for notifications etc.  I do not like default I find it too bright on my recently repaired eyes.

Sooo.  I enjoy reading all the posts but cannot reply quickly to any.  I can give a like but that is as slow as molasses from clicking like to seeing it come up on the person's post.

This recent 'downgrade' is sad and has really messed up the usability of the site.  It was working fine before that.    See ya later.  L.L.

Brew... Glad you are o-k, Carni and husband also.

• Like 5

LOPPYLUGS,  you can always turn down the brightness of your screen....Go onto Settings and click on Appearance.  This should take you to the screen brightness where can adjust. On my tablet I could also turn down the blue light and make the screen softer.

Try it and let me know how you get on. Take care mate. B.

Screenshot-20210114-182831-Settings.jpg

• Like 1