LL,

Nice to know you're still there and battling with the technology.

There are a number of people whose computer/tablet/phone won't function correctly since the update, and it seems there's no-one around who can solve the problem or do anything about it. 

If I could I would, but I've given up trying.

• Like 2
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

G'mornin' ya'll   Finally got on the laptop.  The whole header of NS is only half there.  Probably why I can't find the three dots.   More positive notes.  I am reading this withou

I've been searching on my Ipad and laptop for those three dots.  Can't find 'em anywhere. I have pretty much given up on NS for posting.  I can read your posts, even give likes but I cannot post

Eye-up Y'all   I am on my laptop so thought I would just say Hi.   I am having all the same issues on my Ipad that Nonna mentioned.  It is an old version of Ios 9.4 to be exact, bu

You must have done something CT or at least added some weight to the complaints. There was a definate change to the bit I needed suddenly, it  started working again..

Sorry i can't help with iPads, never have liked them

Oh oh, something has changed. Just having breaking with NS and have clicked liked to a couple of posts and way and behold ( is that the correct expression? I'm a bit rusty in English expressions) the like icon I see working, just when I thought of going back to the old school display. Haven't tried anything else yet and don't want to. I've had a headache since yesterday afternoon and can't get rid of it. When I've finished breakfast I'm going for a walk. It's freezing cold and looks like more snow is on its way. As Loppy says see ya'll later.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Brew said:

You must have done something CT or at least added some weight to the complaints. There was a definate change to the bit I needed suddenly, it  started working again..

I can honestly state that I haven't done anything towards fixing things. I have no power/authority to do it, and haven't attempted anything in the last few days. If owt has been done, it was without the knowledge of anyone here....and that wouldn't surprise me. I'm genuinely amazed that it still works at all.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Swat I'm using at the moment. A Galaxy tab8, running on Android 9.

Ain't got a clue what that all means. Cheers mate !!

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

Same as mine, all alien at the moment.

Just dropped in for a pee on the lamppost and a bark.  ;)  Hoping you are all ok..

Just wondering, Den.  Did the new tablet clear up all the issues with the site or create some new ones?

If I could just post on the Ipad I guess I could live with it even though I don't like it.  No upgrade should stop anyone from posting.  Login is still iffy on the Ipad but it always was, the upgrade didn't make it any better.

Cowd ere today.  No dog with any sense wants to go out there.  See! it can get cowd even here in sunny, hot, humid Ga.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, denshaw said:

The old I pad was 10 years old and not possible to update it.

On a similar note, I've had to replace my printer/scanner because it wouldn't update beyond a certain point. It was HP (Hewlett-Packard) and they couldn't be bothered to update the software to keep up with the iMac, so I've bought a Canon instead.

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

On a similar note, I've had to replace my printer/scanner because it wouldn't update beyond a certain point. It was HP (Hewlett-Packard) and they couldn't be bothered to update the software to keep up with the iMac, so I've bought a Canon instead.

Gave up on HP some time ago.  Had two printers both with the same print head problem.  Second time they didn't even have the courtesy to acknowledge my letter.  So no more HPs.

The old Canon camera's were excellent.  Not sure about their printers but I might give one a try next time.

HP inks are ridiculous in price and always trying to push their inks via auto updates.  I cut those off.  The printhead problem is well known but they don't seem to care.  Shame to have to dump a printer for what should be a fairly easy fix.

I treated myself to an Epson 2750, with the refillable reservoirs. They come complete with 5 bottles+ an extra black. Inks should last at least 2 years, under normal use. Can thoroughly recommend this Loppy.

Thanks BK.  I will give that a look if I decide to buy another.  Mrs. L has an HP colour printer which we share.  I have an old HP laser printer 20+ years old still going strong.  That's enough printing capability for two old codgers.  The one that gave all the trouble was an HP 6830.  Just comes up with a message "Print-head problem."  Had one before it and it died with the same issue.  HP replaced it.  The second one lasted about six months.  A lot of bad reports online about it.  All with the same problem.

Bought a Canon 'Selfie' a year or so ago.  Designed just to print 4*6 photos.  Seems to work fine, but I don't use it much.  Doesn't need a computer, it can print straight from an SD card or a camera.

I've used an Epson NX printer without any issues for well over 6 years. When I first replaced the cartridges I used a generic brand with no problems, 40% cheaper than the originals. Recently for some reason it does not recognise the non genuine cartridges, I suspect a software upgrade.

11 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Recently for some reason it does not recognise the non genuine cartridges, I suspect a software upgrade.

tried this with my Cannon, and it worked!

1. Start by installing the cloned ink cartridge, and automatically the printer will issue a prompt “an ink cartridge cannot be recognized”.
  2. Proceed to “Start”, then “Control Panel” on the computer and double click on the “printer”.
  3. Look for the icon on the “Epson Printer” and right press and select “Printer Preferences”, regularly found at bottom of the dialog box.
  4. Click on the tab showing “Speed and Progress” and look at the Epson Printer monitor box.
  5. Turn off the ink monitor by checking off the “Disable Epson Status Monitor” found within a box.
  6. And lastly, click “Save” and close the window. That’s about it the printer and the cloned ink cartridges can now start printing operation.

I'm on my 3rd HP printer. I've never had problems with them by using non genuine cartridges until the last one. Even used them right up til just before Christmas. They've always been accepted as genuine. I changed all the cartridges and one got stuck I tried and tried to insert it but it never did  go in level until I got mad with it and then it just slotted in. But it wouldn't work "wrong cartridges" kept repeating so out it went and I bought another HP. So when it's time I will try the non genuine cartridges again.

The system seems to be " Sell printers cheap and make your money up on expensive inks". That's why I changed to Ecotank printer.

• Like 1