Sad but true killed by a Stingray...........he who lives by the sword dies by the sword.......

Media statement – 4 September 2006         

Steve Irwin

At 11am today, the 4th September 2006, Steve Irwin was fatally wounded by a stingray barb to his heart whilst filming a sequence on Batt Reef off Port Douglas for his daughter’s new TV series.

Emergency services were called from Cairns Rescue Base and met Croc One, Steve’s rescue vessel at Low Isle on the Great Barrier Reef.

The Croc One crew performed constant CPR during the thirty minute dash to Low Isle, but the medical staff pronounced Steve dead at approx. 12 noon.

His producer and closest friend, John Stainton said on Croc One today,

“The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest Dads on the planet. He died doing what he loves best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. Crocs Rule!”

steveirwin_main.jpg

Not my cup of tea, But its a shame. I understand he was a conservationist.

I do know that to feed or aquaint yourself or in any other way interact with

alligators or crocodiles, attracts them to humans. This is a death penalty for the poor creature!

"If something ever happens to me, people are gonna be like 'we knew a croc would get him!" (Steve Irwin).

Wikipedia report on Irwins Death

post-34-1157446824_thumb.jpg

A Nimrod, from 120 Sqn at RAF Kinloss, crashed whilst on surveillance duties in Afghanistan over the weekend, due to a technical fault/fire aboard.

12 RAF crew plus 2 British soldiers all killed...

Cheers

Robt P.

Irwin brought close-up-in-yer-face dangerous animal study into the homes of the World and he imparted much to the young and/or unlightened of the World of his subject matter. Useful so far. Poignantly however, it was left to a marine individual of his subject matter - who was entitled to peace and quiet and moreover disinterested in being enlightened about Irwin - who taught us all the most important lesson of all about his kind - the vital lesson which Irwin always left out of his televisual masterpieces.

And knowing the Aussies, they probably chased and shot and ate the poor fucker afterwards for defending its right not to be pestered by a stalking maniac.

Loss to Australia?

Ask yerselves how many dozy prats he would've got killed trying to copy his idiotics over a spell of time.

Shed

I wonder why he did what he did? Could it have been for the sake of preserving the Crocdile, saving the ocean and the environment or I wonder if he liked the limelight and the money?

I think he was a disaster waiting to happen, it is just a shame that his children won't have a dad to grow up with, then again, they will not be subjected to face to face meetings with crocodiles and deadly snakes, etc.

I think the idiots that emulate him deserve all they will get but at the same time I do believe that once an idiot always an idiot and if they don't copy him it will be someone else.

As was stated earlier in this post, what about the airmen and soldiers killed in the same weekend?

A very confused Ann

NB before you say anything, Shed, it is not senile dementia setting in.

lips0

Spot on, Annie. You just always got the overriding feeling that he was dancing with El Diablo every time you clocked his craziness on the box - personally, I always thought it was a question of time.

I know blokes in Nottingham who I wouldn't dream of getting near, and as far as I know, sharks (and a ray is a shark) are not only bigger and/or even more deadly, but they're even far less worried about getting nicked for killing you without thinking too much. I don't believe that the bloke - as he comes across - was put through enough common interaction in his formative years which equated him with his own species a vis the rest of it. He was probably the geek who delighted in scaring the other kids at school with a bloody great spider in a jar, without caring about the terror he caused with it. But that's my conjecture.

But I do suspect that on a Notts footing, if you'd never even met the bloke Irwin and he walked into yer local boozer, you'd (if you were me) assume he was either on the old Bolivian Marching powder or about to shoot everyone, or plain mad and pityworthy.

Okay; this was his living. We all eat or ate sh1t one time for a living.

But as one of me big screen heroes once said,

"Dyin' aint much of a livin' kid." (The Unforgiven)

Shed

PS: I'm off into hiding in the Bavarian Alps this winter to get the sequel moving on a bit, Annie; should be released by my own company next autumn. I deleted your address for your security after I sent you a copy of FBJ, but when Full Chicken Jacket is released, I'll gladly send you a copy when the time comes (sorry about that!) Take care xx

I hope yerv got Broadband up in them Halps, Shed.

Anyway I dont know about Irwin, but I ad some pretty close calls

meeself dahn at the original JewraciK Park, up there on Bottle lane (R.I.P.)

Broadband in them Alps!

How do they get the emails up them slopes?

Actually stroked and fed the critters in Seaworld Florida...

Discovery_Cove_Stingray_Pool.jpg

http://www.vacationlovers.net/orlando_2/di...ery_cove_1.html

Their very friendly creatures, and strangely warm to the touch,

Not unlike the aformentioned, at The Hariba CluB!

At last I have found common ground with Shed, I must be mellowing in my old age.

PS: I'm off into hiding in the Bavarian Alps this winter to get the sequel moving on a bit, Annie; should be released by my own company next autumn. I deleted your address for your security after I sent you a copy of FBJ, but when Full Chicken Jacket is released, I'll gladly send you a copy when the time comes (sorry about that!) Take care xx

If you let me know when it is complete then I would be happy to let you have the address again. Thankyou for that.

Enjoy your trip to the Alps.

A ;)