With this site getting more like Facebook everyday, maybe he's cut the middleman out & joined up?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I've emailed Brew using his external email address (not connected to Nottstalgia) in case there was a problem with logging in to his account, or the recent software update.

I've established contact with Brew and he is still alive and kicking. The problem is being able to log in (or not). Fault-finding is currently underway.

• Like 7

Excellent news! IYSWIM.. For what it's worth, after that last 'upgrade'..when I couldn't log in.. I downloaded a free VPN, which allowed me to log in..presumably because it obscured my IP address.  I don't need to use it now. It was Windscribe.. but there are many others.

Meanwhile.. I imagine that Brew is spitting feathers, being unable to correct my political ramblings.  :laugh:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

I believe that Mick did indeed start the site.  I've met him a couple of times.. but not for a few years.

OK boys and girls I'm back! Seems someone somewhere sorted the problems out - finally!

Thanks to all for the concern but apart from a minor hiccup all is well at Chez Brew and normal service will be resumed.

• Like 7
44 minutes ago, Brew said:

OK boys and girls I'm back! Seems someone somewhere sorted the problems out - finally!

Thanks to all for the concern but apart from a minor hiccup all is well at Chez Brew and normal service will be resumed.

Oh Bugger!!  That means that every entirely correct Political point I make will be scrutinised to the 'n th' degree.:angry:.

Still.. welcome back to Curmudgeon Land..  Jim, me owd mucker... :)

• Like 3

Thanks Col and you are correct. I'm just catching up and came acros your reply to Mr Mayfield. I suspect though that by the time my blood pressure returns to normal the hour will be past and we wil have moved on...   :(

58 minutes ago, Brew said:

Thanks Col and you are correct. I'm just catching up and came acros your reply to Mr Mayfield. I suspect though that by the time my blood pressure returns to normal the hour will be past and we wil have moved on...   :(

I can't imagine what you mean...:rolleyes:

• Like 1

I locked myself out by trying to change my password. To confirm, and for security, the site sends an E-mail for verification - except it didn't and I couldn't log in until it did.

Scratting around I found an E-mail addy for a member but no reply, it's probably defunct. Created a faux Facebook account and went the to the Nottstalgia page to try and make contact but it also appears to be defunct, last post 2019, sent a message anyway. Somtime later a reply said a ticket raised with Invision, no indication who the reply was from.

I tried making a second account but it failed, again not sending send the necessary mail. In an idle moment tried my orginal  Brew account, clicked 'resend verification email', for the umpteenth time and lo, it worked!

I did absolutrly nothing, made no changes on my PC. Not sure if the site has changed the passowrd and content to let sleeping dogs lie.