As far as I can tell..Jim hasn't visited since last Saturday.  I do hope he is Ok.

He last posted on 19th December but has logged in a number of times since then, the most recent - as Col said - being last Saturday.  I think it would be more worrying if he hadn't logged in at all since his last post....but that isn't the case.

Maybe he's just having a break from saying anything - or can't think of anything to say.

Have we all explained to our nearest and dearest how to access Nottstalgia in case we are seriously incapacitated (or worse). ?

We have emails belonging to a couple of members so Paul would probably communicate in that  way to tell you about me ....

Maybe Brew has had his hernia sorted out and been temporarily incapacitated?

If I drop dead, one of my cats will post a message requesting someone who is cat friendly to open a tin. Granville, fetch your tin opener! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I reckon Col is missing his sparring partner. I don't think any of us could keep up with pair of them. I know I'm left dumbfounded sometimes, but then again, thats's nowt new.  :sorry:

I sent Brew a PM on 30th December to check if he was OK and he’s still not read the message.  Mind you I can hardly see that I have messages/notifications due to the change of colour of the symbols up top. 

I’m certain I have missed something on here in the past week or so, I know the new set-up has been discussed but my mind fogs over and I don’t bother reading the comments. Can you tell me in very simple terms what I need to do please. :mellow:

That's ironic . A comparative apprentice explaining to a teacher...

First off, are you on old school theme, I.e a parchment colour background with dark brown at top of page?

If so, you need to go right to the bottom of the page, where it says theme...private policy....contact us.

Cli ck on theme and it will give you an options box. Click on the top one, "default". ( if you're on old school it will show in this options box with a tick).

Hey Presto ! You're done.

6 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

If I drop dead, one of my cats will post a message requesting someone who is cat friendly to open a tin

Sorry Jill, If you drop dead and no one come around your cats will eat you. Dogs would starve!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

Sorry Jill, If you drop dead and no one come around your cats will eat you. Dogs would starve!

I have actual, personal and rather gruesome evidence of that. I do believe I posted it here years ago.  I don't intend to do so again.

And I'm still concerned for Jim.

10 hours ago, MargieH said:

Have we all explained to our nearest and dearest how to access Nottstalgia in case we are seriously incapacitated (or worse). ?

We have emails belonging to a couple of members so Paul would probably communicate in that  way to tell you about me ....

It's a very good point Margie. I keep meaning to make a will and also to leave a simple note regarding such stuff.

A few very fine members of other forums I frequent have left us. and their families have posted to give info.  Others have just disappeared.. without any obituary...

Making a will is an essential. The surviving spouse will not necessarily inherit all of the deceased's estate if there are children, under the rules of intestacy. Also consider a Power of Attorney. See a proper solicitor, not one of those organisations that offer cheap wills. Make a 'mirror will' between husband and wife. Doing all of this will prevent problems for the family.

As to my cats, of course they would probably do so. They never turn their noses up at a tasty morsel and I've often been told I'm a tasty morsel!! :P   cats have initiative. I've no time for anyone who doesn't.

Poor old Brew. Reading about Wills  and administration of estates. It's going to depress him if he's feeling a bit below par anyway.

• Like 3

Every adult should make a will. Don't leave everything for the family to sort out, that's when the fighting starts. It can also start if you have made a will of course, especially if a member was dependent upon you.

I've emailed Brew using his external email address (not connected to Nottstalgia) in case there was a problem with logging in to his account, or the recent software update.

I'll report on any developments.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Wahay Beekay, thanks for that, you’ve helped me enormously, I’m up and running properly, thanks x

Glad I was able to help ma'am. Always happy to oblige.