Sand quarry at Bilborough?

Wonder if anyone can help. I can remember as a kid (in the mists of time) that there was a sand quarry near where we lived on Huxley Close. We were always told not to go there as kids, so of course we made a beeline for it! It would have been on the other side of Bilborough Road.

There was a bridlepath to it as I recall which we called Sandy Lane, don’t know if this was just a local name or not. I think this is the path I walk Kai as I can remember the top of it with a steep bank on one side covered in trees etc. But I could be getting confused, not unusual, as I can also remember going with my Dad (with his bike and a large sack) to get leaf mould for his garden from a similar place.
I can also remember when I was at Bilborough grammar that we used to go past it when we did our cross country runs in PE in the 4th form, that is until we told our teacher that there was a man hanging around there watching us running(?) past.
Could it be where the underground reservoir is now I wonder?