The care home at Hazleford has been evacuated and the inmates taken to an ‘empty’ home in Carlton. The main Bleasby/Fiskerton Rd.is now flooded at Gibsmere crossroads so the hamlet and Hazleford are isolated except by tractor. The old residents down there are used to it but there must be incomers who wish they hadn’t moved there! This is not an uncommon event. The problem is that the traffic diverts down our narrow lane to avoid the floods and mostly there’s nowhere to go if someone’s coming the other way! I don’t think it’s time to inflate my dinghy yet, it was much more severe in 2000 and we only rowed down the Gibsmere as a challenge!

Almost every year here in the Mountains especially in the villages, flooding is always a problem. I feel sorry for these villagers but they clear up and start again waiting for the following year to have it again. Beautiful in the summer but don't think I could stay and live like that. Trouble is it's mostly the older generation and they don't want to move.

Climb up on yer roof Phil, and take your your vintage tractor with you and I'll send me helicopter to come and lift you off.

Went in a Pub in 1961 after a walk round there Den..........bought the first Babycham with Cherry for my then Girlfriend Sandra      still got the stick.........         lol

Sort of Phil..........its an old Suitcase full of old memories ... 

Can't spell Memorabilia............