What do you know about Bob Marley, reggae, cannabis, marihuana?

Robert Nesta Marley, OM (February 6, 1945 – May 11, 1981), better known as Bob Marley, was a Jamaican singer, songwriter, and guitarist. He is the most widely known performer of reggae music, and is famous for having popularized the genre outside Jamaica. A faithful Rastafari, Marley is regarded by many as a prophet of the religion, as well as one of the greatest songwriters of all time.

Reggae is a music genre developed in Jamaica in the late 1960s.

Cannabis (marihuana) is a genus of flowering plant that includes one or more species. The plant is believed to have originated in the mountainous regions just north-west of the Himalayas in India, though it could also have come from Northern Africa. It is also known as hemp, although this term usually refers to varieties of cannabis cultivated for non-drug use. As a drug it usually comes in the form of dried flowers (marijuana), resin (hashish), or various extracts collectively referred to as hash oil.

More:

bob marley and the wailers, bob marley lyric, bob marley music, bob marley picture, bob marley, cannabis cd, cannabis club, cannabis culture, cannabis cup, cannabis growing, cannabis picture, cannabis sativa, cannabis seed, cannabis, marihuana, reggae, reggae-music, dancehall-reggae, 2006-gold-reggae, reggae-artist, reggae gold, jamaica, jamaica travel, jamaica vacation, air jamaica...

We must know more!

Have a nice day

No duck - he wasn't a faithful razza, on acount of the fact that he ate meat, drank alcohol and came the dickhappy twat on a regular basis. At least though, he managed to sucessfully hide from the world that his dad was welsh. Full Grouchos for that one.

Incidentally, Mick, big thanks for making me up to a super Nottstalgian. That means more to me than anything since my eleven plus. Cheers again.

The Actual

• Upvote 1
Incidentally, Mick, big thanks for making me up to a super Nottstalgian. That means more to me than anything since my eleven plus. Cheers again.

The Actual

Me, What, No ?

I did nothing, Your post count promoted you...

And Bob was really a Boy'o B)

• 8 years later...

Sorry mate totally unmoved and always have been !

• Upvote 1

Took me back to my skinhead days ,colemans club in town and watching forest when they were crap pre cloughie,playing cards all night at my mates on ryeland cresent trying to win enough for another night out,

• Upvote 2

Inspired a generation to take up smoking dope, now we're left with the idiots roaming the streets looking for someone to mug

Rog

• Upvote 1
  • 11 months later...

There is a great full length Bob Marley concert on you tube(unless it's been removed). I have most of his records on my jukebox,my cat(who has now passed)used to lie on my knee and listen to Bob,but if any other music came on he was off like a shot.,I could listen to this music all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Odd fact: It is not illegal to possess Cannabis seeds but it IS illegal to germinate them without a Home Orifice Licence.

I accidently grew a massive cannabis plant on my back garden a couple of years ago. It grew quite spontaneously (honest!) It was about four feet tall and full of buds. I chopped it down when my next door neighbour mentioned that he`d seen it from his bedroom window. (He`s a social worker working with young substance addicts.)

Next time my grandson came to see me he asked, 'Where`s your naughty plant, Grandma?' So he`d spotted it as well.

I asked at the local gardening/petfood shop and he said it might have come from the seeds falling from my bird feeder.

It never came back so it must have been well discouraged! :)

• Like 1

It's quite legal to grow Opium poppies but it's illegal to "harvest" the opium.

I grow them on my allotment & garden at home all self seeded, but i do go round seeding them elsewhere on my walks. :jumping:

Opium+poppies-qpr.jpg

Don't joke about that Ian, I'm no prude my any stretch of the imagination, but despite my escapades whilst under the influence of alcohol for many of my younger years, and my love of music by some of the biggest junkies on the face of the earth, I'm TOTALLY against drug taking.

Rory Gallagher NEVER took drugs, but in reality, his complications were exacerbated by a dependence on prescription painkillers.

Just makes you think.

Re Marley, never liked him . Talentless jigga jigga 'music ' . A thoroughly bad example to the young.

• Upvote 1

Ok Bubblewrap, I shan't argue. I'm a junkie.

I can't resist a challenge. I don't believe it. That's what the anti alcohol brigade continually churn out, when trying to justify drug usage.

Even when young I never was a drug user in the substance sense of the word,yes I tried speed,weed,nitrate. Never anything hard...I like to be in control and found it too frightening. It has been suggested that cannabis could ease my complaint,but I'll keep on truckin' with a spot of bourbon and Bulwell grit!!

Well said Melissa!! I think dope etc..are gateway drugs to more serious types of abuse. It was always music, that was my fix,I would never!! drink and drive!! Rock n roll- a nice lady- and a curry- sorted!! ( will be in Nottm soon,lol!!)