Murder/suicide in Arnold

Hi David, I remember it well, she was my teacher at junior school. They lived in woodthorpe on pateley road. Will always remember the headmaster coming into class in the afternoon to tell us she had died. Only found out later what actually happened.  Very sad.

• Cliff Ton changed the title to Murder/suicide in Arnold

Hi Andy. Thank you so much. I am her son. After 40 years of keeping it out of my head  I have decided for the sake of my children and grandchildren to investigate the whole situation to it's fullist extent. I was 17 at the time and although she had left my father and me I was absolutely broken by the news and unable to understand it. Which school did she / they work at? If you have any other information which you think could be useful then please please post it or contact me on reestransport@gmail.com. Thanks again. David Rees 

@Dave R  I hope you’ll be able to get some answers and some peace by finding out more about this.  It certainly must have been devastating for you.  I lived in Woodthorpe for the first 20 odd years of my life but this was way before then, so sorry I can’t be of any help to you...

Not nearly as traumatic as your experience, but my grandfather took his own life when my dad was about 2 years old.  He rarely spoke about it to me....

I hope you can find some answers ..

There is much sadness in life and we all find our own ways of dealing with it. Mine was to hide from it or lock it away. I am at peace with it now but need answers. I still shed a tear from time to time imagining and knowing what I lost. It was the first of 2 heartbreaks. My dad died 2 years later from cancer. I get strength from within somehow and I am lucky to have 3 fabulous children. Talking about my life story helps me come to terms with it all. From great sadness to immense joy with my family. Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. David x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hi Dave, just so I dont give you any false hope do you mind me asking what your mums first name was? There were at least two similar incidents in woodthorpe in the 1980s so I want to be sure I'm giving you accurate information. Hope you dont mind me asking.

@Dave R Hope you’ll keep posting on Nottstalgia.  There are lots of different topics that you might be interested in... did you actually live in the Nottingham area yourself?