Called Faux, the artisan butcher and deli will have meatless chicken thighs, salami, black pudding, quarter pounder burgers, meatballs, pastrami, bacon, brisket, pork belly and more.”

I’m still missing something here. Why call themselves butchers when there’s no butchery involved?

But why would a Vegan want to eat something that resembled meat. I can't  see it meself. And why produce something that resembled meat.

One of the big burger chains here is pushing its new plant based burger saying it tastes just like a real "whopper". 

Like BK says why would a vegan want a burger that tastes like beef and how would they know what a beefburger tastes like anyway?

If they are trying to convince the non vegans among us to eat plant based beef then they have got hold of the wrong end of the stick.

By the way I am a vegetarian, I only eat animals that eat grass.

I'm a confirmed Carnivore.  We humans have an Omnivorous Dentition, which makes us equipped to eat pretty much anything, including plants and meat.  That said, I can happily exist for days without meat, eating things like Hummus, Dahl etc. I also love a nice juicy steak. but I am increasingly aware of the environmental damage beef production causes. I'd agree wiith Annswabey.. that if you don't like..or approve of meat.. you should not be looking for 'identikit versions' which look and taste the same.

When I was working in Indonesia, predominantly a Muslim country and of course no pig products. At the hotel we were staying at they offered a bacon substitute for breakfast which was actually thinly sliced beef sprinkled with a powder that tasted like bacon. I never did find out what it actually was. I guess it was like the stuff they put on crisps to make them taste like smokey bacon.

Having worked with quite a few vegetarians over the years I have noticed when they let rip the smell if far superior to us meat eaters, one youth Glenn Hawking would clear the tea bar, some would leave with eyes streaming, some gagging, I can still taste it, putrid  :unsure:

• Like 1