Oprah Winfrey royal interview

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sent to me by a friend. An impressive read. Subject: I am not sure who wrote this but it says it all.       On March 29 1941- almost 80 years ago- a young naval officer was in charge of

I'm a little confused about her complaints. It started with objecting to the press coverage despite having spent most of her adult life as an actress encouraging exactly that. We went to a complaint a

When, rather than if, the not very convincing method actress dumps Harry I doubt he'll be able to cope. He seems very fragile, just as his mother was although not as manipulative. Perhaps he should ha

On tv here tonight. They've not wasted any time getting it worldwide have they?

3 hours ago, Compo said:

wedding1.jpg

She didn’t bitch about the Queen!  She said she got on well with her.  I think her unhappiness resulted from the whole ‘institution’ not being supportive towards her when sh needed help.

Unfortunately, the Monarchy in this country still appears to think that one should just ‘get on with it’ and not show any sign of weakness.... stiff upper lip and all that, although William and Kat are perhaps making cracks in the mould..  I hope so

I hope Harry, Meghan and their little family will manage to find peace in their new home and eventually make peace with their relations still in Britain.

• Like 1

The royals didn't get where they are by being soft centred.  There are plenty of examples of what happens to spouses who can't or won't toe the line: Diana, Sarah...and The Duke of Windsor, one of their own who committed the most heinous sin and turned his back on his duty.  If you're not for them, you're against them and they don't forgive.  I'm not defending them. Any female with half a brain cell can see what life would be like if she married one of them. So, if it doesn't appeal to you, why do it? Unless, of course, there's a hidden agenda.

If I don't log in for a few days, it's because there's no Wi-Fi in The Tower!  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

The Palace says it's taking the allegations seriously. To quote Edward, Prince of Wales, who later married a Meghan lookalike, buggered off and spent the rest of his life wondering why his mother wouldn't speak to him, "Something must be done!"

Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

"Pass the Doggiechox, Andrew!"

"Yes, Mama!"

"It's all you're fit for!"

"Yes Mama!"  :wacko:

Well said Phil, we spend too much time taking notice of what others think. If they don't like it that is too bad. Either take us how you find us or leave us alone, the choice is theirs.

Just finished watching "the " interview and was as mad as hell. It started off well in English then the whole thing continued in Italian. I was looking forward to hearing their actual voices but being dubbed just isn't the same. I find that what they actually say isnt what is being dubbed. Now there's a programme about the Diana story the hidden truth. That started in German  gradually dubbed and is now in Italian with a background voice still in German. So maddening. We get original language films so why didn't we get this.

Well you didn’t miss anything startling Nonna.  Accusations of racism, bullying etc and depending which side of the fence you sit is how much you believe her.   My view has always been that she’s a manipulative young woman who thought she could take a leading role in our Royal Family and when she realised she was just a bit part she wanted OUT and Harry, surprisingly weak but obviously didn’t want to look like a failure, went along with her wishes and got out of the Windsor circus to get established in Tinsel Town, helped by the Royal connection. It’s a pity she made accusations but couldn’t back them up.  
And ...... let me just relate a personal family ‘mixed race’ issue.  
I have a niece, brought up in Canada, who married a very black Costa Rican and has lived in CR for 20 years.  She’s got two beautiful black children.  My brother-in-law takes great delight in showing everyone pictures of his grandson and saying “Don’t you think he looks just like me?”  We make light of it, there’s no racism and I’m positive there will be no racism in the British Royal Family ....... for goodness sake, the Commonwealth is made up of more black nations than white isn’t it?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm a little confused about her complaints. It started with objecting to the press coverage despite having spent most of her adult life as an actress encouraging exactly that. We went to a complaint and court case about a private letter, something I agree with but the question remains, how did they get hold of it?

Then we moved to being bullied, through racism and babies skin before going on to her mental health and Harry's lack of income. All of which seems to cover the gamut of popular memes since Islamophobia ceased to be flavour of the month, all we need now is a transgender angle and we have the full set.

I've just read  they took her licence and passport, why not just say no? What is she 12?

Being a bit fed up in a stately home with tens of millions in the bank doesn't cut it alongside the poor sods that are single parents struggling on benefits stuck in a tower block. I'm no psychiatrist but blurting it all out on a TV programme is hardly going to make it better or improve her mental health.

Being a cynical swine it seems a little too stage managed to me though I admit I may be doing them an injustice... I fail to see why they didn't just quietly walk away?

Way back when they became engaged I posted that I wished them well but feared it would end in tears.

Sadly its coming true with more to come I'm sure...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Stavertongirl said:

That riveting I fell asleep.I was fascinated by Oprahs hair!

Hair    Extensions  Clip in , Glued in or plaited in, these a shop on Upper Parliment St where you can buy them. I doubt if Oprah got them from there though.

My reactions were, is she going to cry or isn't she? Her eyes were always showing signs that the tears  weren't far away. In fact I don't know why they did this interview, it seems like it was a way of saying look what they did to me momma, like a child who had been called a nasty name at school. I agree with both Lizzie and Brew, she must have known what she was getting into ( hopefully a princess) and then found out royalty isn't what she thought. The theme about the baby and not having a title and not being protected etc did go on a bit. I never did like her and my feelings haven't changed. I said she was a social climber and it seems everyone has been right. Time will tell if it's a happy ending but if it's not I feel for Harry. No royal family to back him and probably through alimony no job.

I had to laugh last night before the film , they were interviewing various people and one reporter who was British but had spent most of his time in Italy commented that the British were racist and went on to explain why. Now I speak and understand Italian but this man stuttered and stumbled and absolutely lost the plot. I could not understand a word, mainly because his pronunciation was appalling and he wasn't going in the right direction to be understood. He just didn't make sense.

There was a mixed view amongst the public in England as one would expect but it seemed that people were anti her and pro him. The interviews were English people speaking English and transmitted in English . Why couldn't they have transmitted the interview in English. Bet there'll be some comments on that.

• Like 2

When, rather than if, the not very convincing method actress dumps Harry I doubt he'll be able to cope. He seems very fragile, just as his mother was although not as manipulative. Perhaps he should have stayed where he was, in the armed forces which is the life he seems to have loved. Philip would have done likewise if he hadn't married a woman destined to become queen. I'm sure he often thinks about the life and freedom he might have had but at least he has the grace not to appear on tacky talk shows and whinge about it.

• Like 6
8 hours ago, Brew said:

Being a cynical swine it seems a little too stage managed to me though I admit I may be doing them an injustice... I fail to see why they didn't just quietly walk away

I've kept away from all the "news" items generally, and would only say two things:

Firstly, the line from the opening scene in Titanic, "She's an actress! there's your first goddamned clue, Sherlock!"

Secondly, the only article you need to read is Clare Foges' in the Comments section of the Times on Monday - "Harry and Meghan must pay the price of their burnt bridges". It sums the whole sorry, shallow mess up perfectly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I only saw the trailers but think Oprah was joining in on the acting when colour of skin was mentioned.  She is a black American woman so her reaction ought to have been a subdued rolling of eyes conveying "I am not at all surprised" instead of wide-eyed and dropped jaw OMG!

There seemed to be a striking similarity to the Diana interview - "I am a victim of The Firm."  We all know that the Royal Family (and hangers-on) live in a social bubble that is far removed from what we experience and woe betide any outsider who tries to get a foot in the door.  It will always end in tears.  As for seeking a title for the nipper(s) to get paid protection and having to get into bed with Netflix, etc. to cover the cost of their own security, a saying springs to mind about what to do after having made one's bed.

Interviewer to Harry: "Do you feel dominated by your wife?

Meghan: "No he doesn't"

• Like 4

All smacks of the American love of hype and publicity. Given their track record on racism they would be better thinking before casting aspersions on others. To quote a post on another thread " a closed mouth gathers no foot". I have no issues with the colour of a persons skin or where they come from but can't help thinking along the lines of chips on shoulders.

• Like 1