Request for Images

Hello Admin..I'm still trying to find where my 'options' setting is :-)

I think I'm sort of finding my way around now..thanks. Are you still taking photo's with your digital camera? If you are then can I make a request please.

I'd love to see a photo of The Town Arms at Trent Bridge or the Rose Gardens on the Embankment if they are still there.

Or maybe a photo of the Trent wall where it shows you how high the Trent was when it flooded.

It's opposite the Town Arms and where I used to fish for tiddlers a lifetime ago.

Or a photo of the Suspension Bridge would be great too.

Any of the above would be greatly appreciated. :D

TTFN

Anne from Aspley

Top right of the pages are the links to your settings

<or Click links here>

My Controls

E-mail Settings Ensure bottom box is checked.

Anyone passng in the near future to get these images?

I certainly wont ge't a chance this side of Christmas?

Living in downtown Sawley <_<

The Rose Gardens, are still there, if it's the Rock Gardens you are

referring to Anne :D

Thanks Admin.. it probably is the Rock Gardens I'm thinking of.

I remember when I used to stagger out of the Town Arms and along the Embankment, they were on the right hand side just before the suspension bridge.

Hm I suppose you couldn't nip down to Trent Bridge if you live in Sawley now LOL

Anne

G'day Anne,

Hope the pics bring back some memories for you,I have spent many an hour walking in there with my dad when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Also a bit of smooching[which we won't talk about ] under the arches :P !!!

Caz

post-11-1100944440_thumb.jpg

Thanks for those photos Caz. I walked around there last year near the Memorial and the gardens, they were doing some work in that area, it looked a bit tatty from the way I remembered it. As for smooching underneath the arches.....well, I have memories of doing the exact same thing and underneath the bridge along the embankment!!

What really amazed me last year was the boating pond at Highfields (near the University) where they rent boats out for you to go out for a row. There were people out there in those rented boats with no life jackets on, little kiddies in the boats too. I couldn't believe that they would be allowed to rent boats without lifejackets being worn, you would think it would be mandatory!

Ta ra.....Judith

weeell..I've bin wonderin fur ages wot Admin looks like un now I know.

I luvs ya hat ..I can just see ya skatin from Sawley through town to Trent Bridge wen it's really windy LOL

Ya'd better ang onto ya fevver me duck.

Oh Caz. thanks so very much for the photo's of the Rock Gardens down the Embankment. I've thought of them thousands of times since I've been here. I could remember the rose beds and the waterlillies and the goldfish.

I can't believe you came through for me..thanks a million.

Anne

Hi Anne & Judith,

My pleasure :D Glad you enjoyed looking at the photo's.I too was desperate to see the Rock gardens & the Embankment when I first went back to the UK, it hadn't really changed that much either.Come to think of it I was desperate to see anything which reminded me of my childhood in the Meadows.I had & still have, lovely memories,even though my dad died when we girls were really young,I still remember it with fondness. We spent hours down the Trent when we were little.Can you remember the deck chairs which were situated near to the Ice cream kiosk? that guy must have made a fortune in the summer. Also the paddling pool further down near the swings, it used to get so full of kids,don't know how they all managed to get wet!!! Ahh happy days.

Take care

Caz

Hi Caz, to tell you the truth I never thought I would ever see the Rock Gardens again. so I'm thrilled to pieces with the photo's.

Yes, I can remember the man and his deck chairs and also waiting in line for the pleasure boat that went to Colwick. I can remember a lido as well, but I'm not sure if it was at Colwick or not, or am I getting it mixed up with the paddling pool?

I'm almost sure the lido was part of the River Trent.

I can also remember my Dad taking me a walk along the embankment when the Trent was flooded. We walked across the Suspension Bridge and it was really scary looking down at the raging water as it flowed by.

I don't know what date that was, but I wasn't very old.

TTFN and take care,

Anne

• 5 months later...
Hello Admin..I'm still trying to find where my 'options' setting is :-)

I think I'm sort of finding my way around now..thanks. Are you still taking photo's with your digital camera? If you are then can I make a request please.

I'd love to see a photo of The Town Arms at Trent Bridge or the Rose Gardens on the Embankment if they are still there.

Or maybe a photo of the Trent wall where it shows you how high the Trent was when it flooded.

It's opposite the Town Arms and where I used to fish for tiddlers a lifetime ago.

Or a photo of the Suspension Bridge would be great too.

Any of the above would be greatly appreciated. :D

TTFN

Anne from Aspley

I think the Town Arms was renamed the Aviary and is now called something else. If I am correct, it's on the right just before Trent Bridge.

I'm at a wedding reception there soon so I'll take some photographs for you.

Doesn't look as though it's changed much Red. Looks well looked after though. As kids we spent many an hour with the olds in the beer garden. I remember just past there was an Ice cream kiosk,we used to get an ice cream sandwich,which we would squeeze until all the ice cream had gone soft & then eat the flattened wafer.......... oooo it was yummy !!

Looking at the water mark near the steps there appears to be a series of numbers, are they original measurements??

Here's a piccy of the old Town Arms now 'Casa' for some God forsaken reason.

TownArms.jpg

Thats the TBI isn't it?? (Trent Bridge Inn) One of my old stomping grounds way back in the 60's!

Used to meet up with me mates of a Sunday lunchtime and sink a few. We also met up there of a weekend evening as a starting point for our pub crawls..

I know I can find out for myself, but does anyone have to hand the dates of the floods on the Trent??