Video with Nottingham scenes circa 1962

Take a look at this video . It is a tribute to Pipe Major Robert Short and the Hawick Boys Brigade Pipe Band. Robert Short was a friend of Charles Murray who was one of the Boy's Brigade leaders in Nottingham and ran the Oliver Hind Boy's Brigade Company which met in the old Asylum buildings at the top of Dakeyne Street in Sneinton. The Hawick Boys Brigade Pipe Band visited Nottingham in 1962 and performed in various locations -  I remember seeing them in Old Market Square.

The section of the video that shows their trip to Nottingham runs from 5:10 to 10:10 - and unless you are a fan of bagpipes I suggest muting the dubbed soundtrack. There are shots of Dakeyne Street, Highfields Park, Old Market Square - and to what seems to be to the home of Charles and Mary Murray. The Murray's were friends of my parents and the house is vaguely familiar, but I cannot remember where is was - I was only 8 in 1962! Does anyone recognise the location?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmoGKgyooEc

• Like 1

I see what you mean about muting the soundtrack !

I can't help with the location of the 1950s bungalow where the Murrays lived, but it was interesting to see the other locations, especially the Market Square (starting at 8:15) in the days when through traffic went through the city centre.